Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming creating GUI using C programing in unix server Post 302160456 by vino on Tuesday 22nd of January 2008 12:36:01 AM
Old 01-22-2008
You may want to look the QT toolkit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem with accessing subversion installed on unix server through windows GUI

We are using subversion as a version control system in our project. We are connecting to client`s sun Solaris box through check point VPN. Client has installed subversion . We have created repository and add files to it. Now we want to access the same from our windows machine (through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aasid
0 Replies

3. Programming

how can I send and receive data in client server socket programing

char name; printf ("Welcome to the server \n"); printf ("Enter user name: \n"); scanf ("%c", &name); how can client send name to server:what should be the code? int send ( int sid , const char ∗buffer Ptr , int len , int f l a g ) how can client receive ack from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saiful_911
1 Replies

4. Programming

socket programing in client server

hei, i want to enter name and read it by client server socket program after checking name validity put the password and check.if ok than server clirnt say correct other wise incorrect. below my code: char name; printf ("Welcome to the server \n"); printf ("Enter user name: \n"); scanf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saiful_911
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

socket programing-problem with server

hi, i am new to socket programming.i have a problem in server.requirement is it should continuosly read the requests from client(sends requests continuously) and after certain delay(i kept der sleep) should send response. for this i used msgqueues so that after reading it is sending into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandinisree
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

socket programing-problem with server

hi, i am new to socket programming.i have a problem in server.requirement is it should continuosly read the requests from client(sends requests continuously) and after certain delay(i kept der sleep) should send response. for this i used msgqueues so that after reading it is sending into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandinisree
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Help with Unix socket programing

hi I am strucked in a client server program client need to login to server client logins if only username and password are correct i have written a program username is stored as file and password is smilar to username whic is stored in that file when server asks for username... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik1238
2 Replies

8. Programming

creating an application with gui in linux

hi, so I am familiar with visual studio for windows, I was wondering if there's that kind of IDE for linux that I can use to make an application... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a GUI with GTKDialog

Hello All, I just came across an article, through which we can create GUI menus in unix. Which is far more better than Zenity. Please find the link below: pclosmag.com/html/Issues/200910/page21.html I need help to install this gtkdialog in my ubuntu, so as to use it in shell script,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand2308
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requirement of Spliting a text file in UNIX Programing

Hi, There is a requirement, needs to split the text file based on RC code present in text file. For this, needs to write a unix shell programing script for the above requirement. For example in text file, if there are distinct RC codes, then we needs to split into multiple text files. In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chandra2678
1 Replies
MIC-IMAGE-WRITER(1)					      General Commands Manual					       MIC-IMAGE-WRITER(1)

NAME
mic-image-writer - Write a live image to a USB stick SYNOPSIS
mic-image-writer [options] [image file] DESCRIPTION
mic-image-writer is a simple yet very helpful tool, it can help you write a live image to a USB stick, it is safer than dd and has a good progress indicator, it has two work modes, console and GUI, you can explicitly use -c | --console and -g | --gui to force it to enter console or gui mode, by default, it will smartly decide this automatically. It just writes an image to the whole USB stick, so the original data on your USB stick will be overwritten, mic-image-manager has a more powerful GUI tool for this case, it can write a live image to a specified partition, the old data on that partition will keep intact. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message -c, --console Run in console mode -g, --gui Run in GUI mode EXAMPLES
Write a Molib live image to your USB disk: mic-image-writer your-2.1-final.img EXIT STATUS
mic-image-convertor returns a zero exist status if it succeeds, otherwise return non-zero and print error message. AUTHOR
Yi Yang, Anas Nashif, Jianfeng Ding SEE ALSO
mic-image-creator(1), mic-convertor(1), mic-chroot(1), mic-livecd-iso-to-disk(1), mic-image-manager(1) perl v5.12.3 2011-05-31 MIC-IMAGE-WRITER(1)