Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris services status finding ...??? Post 302160067 by 1jnike on Sunday 20th of January 2008 12:06:19 PM
Old 01-20-2008
Java

Hi udayn,

Q, What is the exact information you're trying to obtain from your solaris 9 system?

THIS MAY HELP!

Before running any commands always check your man pages for backround & detailed information;

example :

<snip start>
bash-2.05$ man prstat
Reformatting page. Please Wait... done

System Administration Commands prstat(1M)

Description
The prstat utility iteratively examines all active processes on the system;
<snip end>

(You should be root user of have root permission)

Run the following command

# prstat

(The output will list all active process)

I hope this is of help

Jnike

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how to check status of various services and port?

How can i check which service is activated on my AIX Box? how one can check particular port is open or not (like ftp/telnet port)? I dont have admin rights (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding service status on windows from Linux

Hi all, Please advise how do i find services status running on windows machines from Linux. =-===================== Some one developed a script use rsh command to find the status but it stopped working. rsh <Some IIS server Name> service -S < Windows Server name where service running>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
1 Replies

3. AIX

Finding Power Supply Status

Hi, As in Management Modules of IBM it is possible to find out wheather out of dual powersupply , if one goes down. is it possible to find out in HMC to find out if one power supply goes down of P Series server? if server is remotely HOw to find out if one power supply of server is down?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script - Finding Autosys job status

Hi, There are 2000 jobs in the list and i need to draw their status. I put all the jobs in the list and trying to read one by one from the list and to find out the status. Help me out in correcting the script. #!/bin/csh for a in $(cat Jobs_List.txt); do source <<path>> autorep -j $a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Restart of services if port no is changed in /etc/services in RHEL

I had a doubt if any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services in an RHEL setup is changed. For eg, the port no of 443 for SSL may need to be changed. I hope my query is clear whether any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services is changed. Please revert with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with finding the exit status of a 'nohup' command using 'PID'.

Hello All, I need to run a set of scripts, say 50 of them, parallely. I'm running these 50 scripts, from inside a script with the help of 'nohup' command. 1.The fifty scripts are stored in a separate file. 2.In a master script, i'm reading every line of the file through loop and executing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
4 Replies

8. AIX

List running services, Package name and status on AIX.

Hi, How can I list running services, corresponding package name and status on the AIX host? On Linux (Centos), I use the below code snippet:- for i in `chkconfig --list | awk '{ print $1}'`; do status=`/sbin/service $i status` packagename=`rpm -qf /etc/init.d/$i` done Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

List running services, corresponding package name and status.

Hi, I am trying to list down list of running services, corresponding package name and status on HP-UX box. The output will be a CSV in a fashion:- Service Name, Package Name, Status. While working on Linux centos, I used chkconfig to do the same. Below was the snippet:- for i in `chkconfig... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Happy83
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Boot Error - NIS services fails with Status 96

My system suddenly crash and when it rebooted there was an error: /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s3 is logging svc.startd: svc:/network/nis/client:default: Method "/method/yp" failed with status 96. The system completes booting however when I log in a user account / directory is not longer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NeedSolarisHelp
1 Replies
sesio(7I)							  Ioctl Requests							 sesio(7I)

NAME
sesio - enclosure services device driver interface SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sesio.h> DESCRIPTION
The ses device driver provides the following ioctls as a means to access SCSI enclosure services devices. IOCTLS
The ses driver supports the following ioctls: SES_IOCTL_GETSTATE This ioctl obtains enclosure state in the ses_ioctl structure. SES_IOCTL_SETSTATE This ioctl is used to set parameters on the enclosure services device. The ses_ioctl structure is used to pass information into the driver. ERRORS
EIO The ses driver was unable to obtain data from the enclosure services device or the data transfer could not be completed. ENOTTY The ses driver does not support the requested ioctl function. ENXIO The enclosure services device does not exist. EFAULT The user specified a bad data length. STRUCTURES
The ses_ioctl structure has the following fields: uint32_t; /* Size of buffer that follows */ uint8_t page_code: /* Page to be read/written */ uint8_t reserved[3]; /* Reserved; Set to 0 */ unit8t buffer[1]; /* Size arbitrary, user specifies */ EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the SES_IOCTL_GETSTATE ioctl The following example uses the SES_IOCTL_GETSTATE ioctl to recover 20 bytes of page 4 from a previously opened device. char abuf[30]; struct ses_ioctl *sesp; int status; sesp = (ses_ioctl *)abuf; sesp->size = 20; sesp->page_code = 4; status = ioctl(fd, SES_IOCTL_GETSTATE, abuf); ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ses(7D), ioctl(9E) SunOS 5.10 27 Mar 1997 sesio(7I)