Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting put a icon/command in menu bar Post 302159920 by insamniac on Saturday 19th of January 2008 08:26:07 AM
Old 01-19-2008
welp

i'm useless then... can't you track down a resources file in your home directory in ~/.gnome/ or something ?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

LAN icon missing in Task Bar

Can any body help me in getting back my LAN icon back in task bar i am using Solaris 10 on x86 machine when i log on to the system as root only volume icon is present in task bar where as LAN is missing Thanks in Advance THE_ARCHER (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space and vertical bar with verical bar

I am trying to get sed, tr or awk to search a file that contains records with fields delimited by the vertical bar | and replace the occurrences in the records where the vertical bar is preceded by a space " |" with a vertical bar. Sample data record zelli |||59 Stonewall Dr ||W Barnstable |MA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clintrpeterson
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

how to change date and time format in menu bar

Can someone please tell me how to change the time and date format in the menu bar. I get to System Preferences -- Language and Text, format, customize, but I can't figure out what to do next. I want to change, say from Tue May 4 to 5 4 2010. How the heck do I do this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Not able to see the terminal icon in the applications menu to launch the command prompt in Centos

After installing centos iam not able to see the terminal icon in the applications menu to launch the command prompt in Centos. However iam able to see the Open Terminal menu, when i right click and it is not working. let me know what are the things i need to check.:b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Why icon in status bar is disabled?

Below the list of command to explain the status michelangeli@hp:~$ lspci -nn | grep -i net 02:00.0 Ethernet controller : Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 03) 04:00.0 Network controller : Ralink corp. RT2790 Wireless 802.11n 1T/2R... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelangeli
6 Replies
gnome-panel(1)							   User Commands						    gnome-panel(1)

NAME
gnome-panel - display the GNOME panel SYNOPSIS
gnome-panel [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME panel displays an area on your screen, which acts as a repository for the main menu, application launchers, and applets. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the GNOME Panel example% gnome-panel EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-panel Executable for GNOME panel ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-panel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Working with Panels Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-panel-screenshot(1), gnome-desktop-item-edit(1), libgnome-destkop-2(3), libpanel-applet-2(3), libwnck-1(3), attributes(5), gnome-std- options(5) NOTES
Written by Mark McLoughlin, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006. SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2003 gnome-panel(1)