Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Optargs????
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Optargs???? Post 302159493 by skyineyes on Thursday 17th of January 2008 11:59:02 PM
Old 01-18-2008
Thanks danny !!!

I would appreciate if any sort of information can come right now from anybody !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypaintboy
I might help you out. Since I am out of town(family issues), I dont have my references, but when I come back next Thursday, I would give you a hit.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

optargs processing

Hello i'm writing some analyzing script and i'm giving to my program these parameters, for example: ./procinfo -r tmpfile sh -c "cat tmpfile" where -r is proccessed in getopts and it takes an argument by OPTARG.. The thing is I need to save this part to some variable: sh -c "cat tmpfile"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: midin
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)