Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get last non-blank line? Post 302159384 by radoulov on Thursday 17th of January 2008 04:13:12 PM
Old 01-17-2008
Use nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk on Solaris ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: delete regex line and next line if blank

Hi, I want to write a sed script which from batiato: batiato/giubbe: pip_b.2.txt pip_b.3.txt pip_b.3mmm.txt bennato: bennato/peterpan: 123.txt consoli: pip_a.12.txt daniele: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie help with New Line & Blank Line

I have this in my script: usercount=`ldapsearch -L -b"ou=people,ou=$ou,dc=paisleyhosting,dc=com" -h"$server" -p"1391" cn=* nothing | grep -c dn` admincount=`ldapsearch -b"ou=groups,ou=$ou,dc=paisleyhosting,dc=com" -h"$server" -p"1391" cn=USERADMIN* uniquemember | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace a line in file with blank line

Hi I nned cmd to which will help me to replace a line in file with blank line e.g. file1 a b c d e after running cmd I shud get file1 b c d e (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace two blank line with a single blank line

Hi Guys, I have a file in which each set of records are separated by two blank line. I want to replace it with a single blank line. Can you guys help me out? Regards, Magesh (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill the empty line by adding line before blank line

FIle A "A" 2 aa 34 3 ac 5 cd "B" 3 hu 67 4 fg 5 gy output shud be A"" 2 aa 34 "A" 3 ac 34 "A" 5 cd 34 "B" 3 hu 67 "B" 4 fg 67 "B" 5 gy 67 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a blank line after every 5th line

Hello... I have a file which contain certain number of records. I want to generate another file from this file which will contain 1st line as a blank line & after every 5 lines one blank line will be inserted. How to achieve this through shell scripting? Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search and print next all lines in one line until blank line

Dear all I want to search special string in file and then print next all line in one line until blank lines come. Help me plz for same. My input file and desire op file is as under. i/p file: A1/EXT "BSCABD1_21233G1" 757 130823 1157 RADIO X-CEIVER ADMINISTRATION BTS EXTERNAL FAULT ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - How to insert line before the first blank line following a token

Hello. I have a config file (/etc/my_config_file) which may content : # # port for HTTP (descriptions, SOAP, media transfer) traffic port=8200 # network interfaces to serve, comma delimited network_interface=eth0 # set this to the directory you want scanned. # * if have multiple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiline to one line till a blank line

Hello, I have a file as :- ABC DEF GHI JKL <BlankLine> MNO PQR STU VWX <BlankLine> YZA I need it as below:- ABCDEFGHIJKL; MNOPQRSTUVWX; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a file, replace blank line by the last line not blank above

Dear All, In a CSV file, say that a given column has been extracted. In that column, information is missing (i.e. blank lines appear). I would like to replace the blank lines by the last valid line (not blank) previously read. For example, consider the extract below: 123 234 543 111... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bagvian
7 Replies
CAT(1)									FSF								    CAT(1)

NAME
cat - concatenate files and print on the standard output SYNOPSIS
cat [OPTION] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Concatenate FILE(s), or standard input, to standard output. -A, --show-all equivalent to -vET -b, --number-nonblank number nonblank output lines -e equivalent to -vE -E, --show-ends display $ at end of each line -n, --number number all output lines -s, --squeeze-blank never more than one single blank line -t equivalent to -vT -T, --show-tabs display TAB characters as ^I -u (ignored) -v, --show-nonprinting use ^ and M- notation, except for LFD and TAB --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for cat is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and cat programs are properly installed at your site, the command info cat should give you access to the complete manual. cat (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 CAT(1)