Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Current Process Running.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Current Process Running. Post 302159298 by coolbhai on Thursday 17th of January 2008 10:56:27 AM
Old 01-17-2008
Here are the details:
HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 4126747535 unlimited-user license
and the shell is Bourne shell

What is '255','?' and '-sh' ,what is the process mentioned by -sh ?

in Vinay 22491 1 255 Jun 18 ? 294248:53 -sh

Thanks in advance
coolbhai

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a current running process ignore SIGHUP signal?

I ask this question since sometimes i run a time-consuming ftp in foreground and forget to use nohup ftp.sh & to put this work background and can still running after i log off. Assume this ftp task have run 1 hour, and still 1 hour time to end, i don't want to abort the ftp, first, i use ctrl+Z... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensxiao
3 Replies

2. Programming

to find current running process

Hi All, The scenario is like this: There is a process say "A" which create a child process say "B" if some condition is true and process "A" terminates. "B" invokes some C program say "C" using 'execl' function. The job of program "C" is to keep polling the server until the server will be up.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjkuma692
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

current running process in shell

hi what is the shell programming code to know the number of processes currently running on the machine & information about those processes. Another one is the configuration and usage of the UNIX file system? requesting all for help. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moco
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running different process from current process?

I have been having some trouble trying to get some code working, so I was wondering...what system calls are required to execute a different program from an already running process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Midwest Product
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display current directory for a running process for script

I'm trying to create a ksh script to do the following: 1) Ask the user what process they want to search for. 2) Have the script read the input as a variable and use it to search for the process. 3) Display the current time & date, the working directory of the process, and finally display the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to know all the Current running process and how to kill

All, 1.What is the unix comand used for all current running process (Including All current running processes Parent ->child->subchild process) 2.If child and subchild processes are running then what is the unix command to kill parent and its all child subchild processes in UNIX. Kindly... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: skp
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Process running under current user

Hi, i need to list the processes running only under current logged in user. EX: $ whoami oraaqw $ ps -ef | grep tnslsnr oraaqw 11403300 19267592 0 09:14:47 pts/3 0:00 grep tnslsnr oraaqw 15794208 1 0 Jan 14 - 11:59... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindadla
6 Replies

9. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
machid(1)						      General Commands Manual							 machid(1)

NAME
machid: hp9000s200, hp9000s300, hp9000s400, hp9000s500, hp9000s700, hp9000s800, hp-mc680x0, hp-pa, pdp11, u370, u3b, u3b10, u3b2, u3b5, vax - provide truth value about processor type SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The following commands return a true value (exit code 0) if the a processor type matches the command name. Otherwise a false value (exit code nonzero) is returned. These commands are commonly used within makefiles and shell procedures to improve portability of applications (see make(1)). +-----------+-------------------------++--------+--------------------------+ |Command | True for ||Command | True for | +-----------+-------------------------++--------+--------------------------+ |hp9000s200 | Series 200 ||pdp11 | PDP-11/45 or PDP-11/70 | |hp9000s300 | Series 300 ||u3b | 3B20 computer | |hp9000s400 | Series 400 ||u3b2 | 3B2 computer | |hp9000s500 | Series 500 ||u3b5 | 3B5 computer | |hp9000s700 | Series 700 ||u3b10 | 3B10 computer | |hp9000s800 | Series 800 or 700 ||u370 | IBM System/370 computer | |hp-mc680x0 | Series 200, 300, or 400 ||vax | VAX-11/750 or VAX-11/780 | |hp-pa | Series 700 or 800 || | | +-----------+-------------------------++--------+--------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Given a shell script that must behave differently when run on an HP 9000 Series 700 or 800 system, select the correct code segment to be executed: WARNINGS
always returns true on both Series 800 and Series 700 systems. Therefore, when using this command in scripts to determine hardware type, always use both and in the appropriate sequence to ensure correct results (see machid(1) will no longer provide support for future machines beyond the Series 800 and Series 700 systems. Decisions should be based on the hardware and software configuration information returned by getconf(1). SEE ALSO
getconf(1), make(1), sh(1), test(1), true(1). machid(1)