Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using shell script to telnet
Operating Systems Solaris using shell script to telnet Post 302158874 by adderek on Wednesday 16th of January 2008 01:27:56 PM
Old 01-16-2008
Tools Some hints

First of all - telnet is not secure in any way. Try to use something different if possible.

You might want to check 'expect' - this could be useful for your purpose.

Try to avoid keeping passwords in the script files. I would advise SCP/SFTP with keys authentication. If this is not possible then FTP.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet & su in shell script

Hi, Any scripting experts out there that can point me to the right direction of writing a script using telnet and su to access a server without any users interaction such as login and entering passwd. Thanks. Thanks in advance vastare (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vastare
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet shell script on red hat 9 cmd line only

i would like to make a shell script (red hat 9 cmd line only) to telnet to my local isp's webmail server on port 25 and send it commands such as helo :) help would be much appreciated, and i found no posts similar that answered my question... the closest i've gotten to an answer from about 8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kypeswith
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of telnet in shell script

Hi All, How could I use telnet to connect to Primary Host in the below shell script: Could I use: ( echo user sleep 2 echo password sleep 2 echo "ls ~" sleep 2 echo "exit" ) | telnet hostname ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a1_win
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

closing a telnet session on error, in a shell script

I am using a shell script to telnet into a remote unix server and execute certain commands. But if any command being executed remotely, throws an error, the script just hangs. And the telnet session does not get closed. I want to be able to close the session and complete the script execution in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farahzaiba
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Create a shell script to test the telnet connection status

Hi friends, I'm newbie to shell script. I wanted to create a shell script which able to write a result for all the telnet connection status. For example, from this machine I want to test the telnet connection (total 100+ servers) with this machine. Any idea how to write this shell script?... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhcheong
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet using shell script

Hi I need to telnet a device with IP Address and port. After logging in, I need to execute some commands in that device. Please find the example below telnet 170.10.11.1 2100 #170.10.11.1 is the IP address. 2100 is the Port after telnet, the device will show the command prompt as : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharsan23
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet from shell script , further need to logout if log in not authenticate

Using unix shell script file I need to telnet to a IP further send a command to the telnet IP and get the response to a file with out using "expect" utility and I have achieved this by below command. (sleep 3; echo admin; sleep 3; echo mypass; sleep 5;echo "show status-list"; sleep 5; echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunath Rao
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to test telnet connection using port

Hello, I need to test telnet connections using port number for few hosts. Could you please help me? Thanks !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skhichi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using telnet in my shell script

Hello Guys, I have a linux server where I already logged in, once logged in, i telnet to local host using some dedicated port and do some action. This I can easily do manually. Since I need to fire a lot requests so I would like to optimize it using a shell script to avoid telnetting each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script for SMS via telnet command

I am not very much familiar with telnet based scripting so I would need your help to directly submitting sms as deliver_sm or submit_sm msg to SMSC (IP & system_id and password are already known). So, need your help to provide such script. I previously used such script but my harddisk crashed and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wasay
1 Replies
CURLINFO_FTP_ENTRY_PATH(3)				     curl_easy_getinfo options					CURLINFO_FTP_ENTRY_PATH(3)

NAME
CURLINFO_FTP_ENTRY_PATH - get entry path in FTP server SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_getinfo(CURL *handle, CURLINFO_FTP_ENTRY_PATH, char **path); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a char pointer to receive a pointer to a string holding the path of the entry path. That is the initial path libcurl ended up in when logging on to the remote FTP server. This stores a NULL as pointer if something is wrong. The path pointer will be NULL or pointing to private memory you MUST NOT free - it gets freed when you call curl_easy_cleanup(3) on the corresponding CURL handle. PROTOCOLS
FTP(S) and SFTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.15.4. Works for SFTP since 7.21.4 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
curl_easy_getinfo(3), curl_easy_setopt(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLINFO_FTP_ENTRY_PATH(3)