Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can i enter to another system using linux... Post 302157909 by Lakris on Sunday 13th of January 2008 03:19:21 PM
Old 01-13-2008
If You have installed the rdesktop application and Your friend has "remote desktop connection" allowed and You know his address, that could be a way.
Or if he creates a "share" and You use Samba to connect to it.

Or if he has a service, such as http, ftp, ssh, etc You can use that.

There are many ways. depending on how much of "connection" You want. Do You want to be able to control the machine or just transfer files to and fro?

/L

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

2 in 1 Linux system

i have heard that you can have 2 computers running and mak it so one syste will use the other systems CPU though the network or some thing like that. first, is this true? if so how do i set it up with Mandrake 9.2 or higher? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_newbe
6 Replies

2. Linux

replacing enter character in LINUX

Hi 1) I need to replace an "enter" character with another character. I thought it should be like this (E.G) replace all stirngs "LIAV"+enter with kokokoko: :1,$s/LIAV^M/kokokoko/g but it dose not work. 2) Also dose nayone know how to replace wildcards? for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liav
3 Replies

3. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop logic, enter into respective IF as per enter input file name

have three big data file, however I just need to see the mentioned below one line form the all the file which has SERVER_CONNECTION Value File 1 export SERVER_CONNECTION=//dvlna002:10001/SmartServer File2 export SERVER_CONNECTION=///SmartServer File3 export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

6. Programming

Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer?

Hi all What is the qualification required by Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer as to gain complete knowledge on computers. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please help Linux system is down...

System is down, I can't seem to get in. It's VM so I took screen shot and upload the file here. Its a RTF file format. when system comes up, I did press e then in the middle as you can see, I typed init=/bin/bash, I pressed CTRL -X. Then I should get prompt but not getting that. I get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enforce user to Enter text when login to a UNIX / Linux system?

Hi. I inject my tracklogin.sh script in the profile of each user. $ more .profile ./tracklogin.sh # This is the default standard profile provided to a user. MAIL=/usr/mail/${LOGNAME:?} bash-3.2$ more tracklogin.sh #!/bin/bash tdate=$(date +"%d%m%y") mkdir -p /tmp/root_log... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
20 Replies
ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)					   User Commands				       ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)

NAME
ssh-socks5-proxy-connect - Secure Shell proxy for SOCKS5 SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect [-h socks5_proxy_host] [-p socks5_proxy_port] connect_host connect_port DESCRIPTION
A proxy command for ssh(1) that uses SOCKS5 (RFC 1928). Typical use is where connections external to a network are only allowed via a socks gateway server. This proxy command does not provide any of the SOCKS5 authentication mechanisms defined in RFC 1928. Only anonymous connections are possi- ble. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h socks5_proxy_host Specifies the proxy web server through which to connect. Overrides the SOCKS5_SERVER environment variable. -p socks5_proxy_port Specifies the port on which the proxy web server runs. If not specified, port 80 is assumed. Overrides the SOCKS5_PORT environment variable. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: socks5_proxy_host The host name or IP address (IPv4 or IPv6) of the proxy. socks5_proxy_port The numeric port number to connect to on socks5_proxy_host. connect_host The name of the remote host to which the socks gateway is to connect you. connect_port The numeric port number of the socks gateway to connect you to on connect_host. EXAMPLES
The recommended way to use a proxy connection command is to configure the ProxyCommand in ssh_config(4) (see Example 1 and Example 2). Example 3 shows how the proxy command can be specified on the command line when running ssh(1). Example 1: Setting the proxy from the environment The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect in ssh_config(4) when the proxy is set from the environment: Host playtime.foo.com ProxyCommand /usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect playtime.foo.com 22 Example 2: Overriding proxy environment variables The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect in ssh_config(4) to override (or if not set) proxy environment variables: Host playtime.foo.com ProxyCommand /usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect -h socks-gw -p 1080 playtime.foo.com 22 Example 3: Using the command line The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect from the ssh(1) command line: example$ ssh -o'ProxyCommand=/usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect -h socks-gw -p 1080 playtime.foo.com 22' playtime.foo.com ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SOCKS5_SERVER Takes socks5_proxy_host operand to specify the default proxy host. SOCKS5_PORT Takes socks5_proxy_port operand to specify the default proxy port. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-http-proxy-connect(1), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 30 Oct 2002 ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)