Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file permission script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file permission script Post 302157474 by invinzin21 on Friday 11th of January 2008 03:49:27 AM
Old 01-11-2008
find . -perm 000777 -print
this is the one Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script without read permission but execute the script

I have a script, except me no one can read the script but they can execute the script. Is it possible? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rc script permission problem

Hi, I have written a startup script which has be started while reboot. I am using Solaris10 machine and i have logged in as a root user. I have written a code the following code cp ./StartService /etc/init.d/ chmod 744 /etc/init.d/StartService //i have given it executable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue invoking shell script using cron, even with proper file permission

I am using tcsh what could possibly be a problem, when using crontab to invoke a shell script. ? The script has the read, write and execute permission to all users. And the script works as expected while executing it in stand-alone mode. Is there a way to trace (like log) what error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file with full permission in unix script

In my script, I am creating a file ----> then writting one line (i.e. Timestamp) ----> then FTP'ing. The same script can be executed by many other users. While other users executing this script, they couldn't Over write this one line (i.e. Timestamp) My expectation So I wanted to create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbmk_design
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a script without giving x permission to the file?

How to execute a script with out giving x permission to the file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission script

hi guys I am working on a menu... and the menu has some options like check status for services (gmonitor group) or stop - start - restart those same services (gadmin group) as you see there are 2 main groups gmonitor for monitoring and gadmin for restart - stop - start services so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for help on script to capture file permission.

Hi Guys, I'm a DBA and need help on shell scripting. My Oracle Database is sitting on HP-UX machine. Anyone has a script that can spool out permission of all oracle binary files in the below directory: /opt/ora10g/oracle/ Format to be spooled out : chmod <exisiting permission> filename... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciaciachew
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission to the script.

I have written a script and now i want to deploy it in PRODUCTION. I want to give all the permission to the user only but not to others.What permission should i use? CHMOD 777 FILENAME? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to create file permission change restriction

Hello, I am looking for a UNIX shell script which can help me for access restriction. 1) /home/ram, there are number file with .txt extension, which should be only owned "ram" user. like as below ls -lrt *.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 11 Jan 4 2015 PASS1.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 10 Jan 4... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.trilok
8 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. Any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. A versioned Pre-Dependency on dpkg is needed to use dpkg-maintscript-helper(1). An appropriate Pre-Dependency is set in ${misc:Pre-Depends} ; you should make sure to put that token into an appropriate place in your debian/control file. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)