Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file permission script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file permission script Post 302157467 by krishna176 on Friday 11th of January 2008 03:29:06 AM
Old 01-11-2008
Hi invinzin21,

Already existing files having rwxrwxrwx permissions.so i want to find those files in all directories(subdirectories also) with path.that is my requirement.
Please help me out.

regards
Krishna Murthy

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script without read permission but execute the script

I have a script, except me no one can read the script but they can execute the script. Is it possible? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rc script permission problem

Hi, I have written a startup script which has be started while reboot. I am using Solaris10 machine and i have logged in as a root user. I have written a code the following code cp ./StartService /etc/init.d/ chmod 744 /etc/init.d/StartService //i have given it executable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue invoking shell script using cron, even with proper file permission

I am using tcsh what could possibly be a problem, when using crontab to invoke a shell script. ? The script has the read, write and execute permission to all users. And the script works as expected while executing it in stand-alone mode. Is there a way to trace (like log) what error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file with full permission in unix script

In my script, I am creating a file ----> then writting one line (i.e. Timestamp) ----> then FTP'ing. The same script can be executed by many other users. While other users executing this script, they couldn't Over write this one line (i.e. Timestamp) My expectation So I wanted to create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbmk_design
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a script without giving x permission to the file?

How to execute a script with out giving x permission to the file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission script

hi guys I am working on a menu... and the menu has some options like check status for services (gmonitor group) or stop - start - restart those same services (gadmin group) as you see there are 2 main groups gmonitor for monitoring and gadmin for restart - stop - start services so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for help on script to capture file permission.

Hi Guys, I'm a DBA and need help on shell scripting. My Oracle Database is sitting on HP-UX machine. Anyone has a script that can spool out permission of all oracle binary files in the below directory: /opt/ora10g/oracle/ Format to be spooled out : chmod <exisiting permission> filename... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciaciachew
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission to the script.

I have written a script and now i want to deploy it in PRODUCTION. I want to give all the permission to the user only but not to others.What permission should i use? CHMOD 777 FILENAME? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to create file permission change restriction

Hello, I am looking for a UNIX shell script which can help me for access restriction. 1) /home/ram, there are number file with .txt extension, which should be only owned "ram" user. like as below ls -lrt *.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 11 Jan 4 2015 PASS1.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 10 Jan 4... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.trilok
8 Replies
CHKSTAT(8)					      Tool to check and set file permissions						CHKSTAT(8)

NAME
chkstat - Tool to check and set file permissions SYNOPSIS
chkstat [--set|-set] [--noheader] [[--examine file ]...] [[--files filelist ]...] [[--root directory ]...] permission-file ... DESCRIPTION
The program /usr/bin/chkstat is a tool to check and set file permissions. Multiple permissions files can be given on the commandline. If the permission files contain multiple entries for a single file, the last entry found will be used. General Options --set, -set This option enables setting the file permissions, the default is to check and warn only. --noheader Omit printing the output header lines. --examine file Check permissions for this file and not all files listed in the permissions files. --files filelist Check permissions for the files listed in filelist and not for all files listed in the permissions files. --root directory Prefix the files given in the permissions files by this directory. EXAMPLE
The command chkstat -set /etc/permissions will parse the file /etc/permissions and set the access mode and the user- and group memberships each file listed. The format for the input file is FILEPATH OWNER:GROUP MODE and wildcards are not supported for the filepath. Lines starting with '#' and empty lines are treated as comments. COPYRIGHT
1996-2003 SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany. 2008 SUSE LINUX Products GmbH AUTHORS
Reinhold Sojer, Ruediger Oertel, Michael Schroeder Useful changes and additions by Tobias Burnus 3rd Berkeley Distribution 2008-04-17 CHKSTAT(8)