Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris IP Multipathing (IPMP) Help Post 302157400 by mainegeek on Thursday 10th of January 2008 09:45:36 PM
Old 01-10-2008
Hi blowtorch,

Sorry for the late reply....

I have not tested it but form my research you can set the MAC address on the interfaces of a Sparc box. Here's what I dug up really quick with google:

How do I change a MAC address?

I figured since you can re-assign the MAC address via ifconfig and IPMP is configured with ifconfig that it may be possible.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Quick Poll: Solaris IP Multipathing

I've setup Solaris IP Multipathing under Solaris whenever the hardware to do so was available. I find it amazing though that so few places I've worked at don't use it until I arrive. I wanted to find out if I'm running into all the exceptions, or is it really not being used? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
3 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris multipathing

I have solaris 10 sparc. I installed a Qlogic hba card. This card is connected on a brocade switch and the brocade is connected on 2 different controllers on a Hitachi disk bay. I formated 2 luns. On my solaris system, i have 4 disk. How to configure solaris 10 to fix the dual disk view. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris IP Multipathing

Hi, I saw your post on the forums about how to setup IP multipathing. I wanted your help on the below situation . I have 2 servers A and B . Now they should be connected to 2 network switches . S1 and S2. Now is it possible to have IP Multipathing on each of the servers as follows ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maadhuu
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Disable Inbuilt multipathing software of Solaris 10

Dear UNIX Gurus I need to know how to disable MPXIO feature (Inbuilt multipathing software of Solaris 10) as we are going to implemented iSCSI EMC based SAN. I am bit new to this feature so kindly suggest how to disable it Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
4 Replies

5. Solaris

how to configure IPMP in solaris 9

Hi friends , can anyone provide me the complete steps to configure IPMP in solaris 9 or 10 provided i have two NIC card ? regards jagan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris multipathing

Hai we using emc storage which is conneted to M5000 through san switch. we asign 13 luns but in server it is showing 22 luns. i enable the solaris multipathing (MPxIO) #more /kernel/drv/fp.conf in that file MPxio-disable=no #mpathadm list lu it shows ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshmani
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris IPMP

Can any one please explain me the concept behind IPMP in solaris clustering.Basic explanation would be really appreciated... Thanks in Advance vks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
2 Replies

8. Solaris

ZeusIOPS multipathing failed Solaris 11

hi, just installed solaris 11.1 (11.1.9.5.1) on a sun7410 ZFSSA (x4440 + j4400), but when I enable multipathing with "stmsboot -e", only the 1TB SATA drives inside the j4400 are configured as multipathed vhci / mpxio devices, but the logzillas / ZeusIOPS drives are skipped. the server is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
0 Replies

9. Solaris

IPMP over aggregate in Solaris 11

hi all, i start with solaris 11 and i am disapointed by the change on ip managing. i want to set a ipmp over tow aggregate but i dont find any doc and i am lost with the new commande switch1 net0 aggregate1 | net1 aggregate1 |-----| |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sylvain
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 IPMP - failback=no

Hi all, Just a few questions -> Is an "OFFLINE" interface going back to "ONLINE" consider as a failback by IPMP ? I have "FAILBACK=no" in my /etc/default/mpathd; however when i do the following (igb0 and igb7 are in the same ipmp link based group) q1) why does "if_mpadm -r igb7" cause... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)