Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK end of line question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK end of line question Post 302157240 by Klashxx on Thursday 10th of January 2008 12:30:33 PM
Old 01-10-2008
U can try something like this:
Code:
ls -ltra| awk '{
                    for (i=1;i<=NF;i++)
                       {
                       if ( i > 8 )
                          printf("%s ",$i)
                       else
                          printf("%s|",$i)
                       }
                       printf("\n")
                    }'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : delete ^M at the end of the line

Hi all, I'm newbi in scripting. could someone tell how to delete the ^M at the end of the linie with an awk command. many thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liliput
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple sed question - replace from phrase to end of line

I have the following line an in input file I want to digest with sed and simple replace the bold part with a variable defined in my bash script. I can do this in several sed operations but I know there must be a way to do it in a single sed line. What is the syntax? Line in file:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: graysky
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK-grep from line number to the end of file

Does anyone know how to use awk to act like grep from a particular line number to the end of file? I am using Solaris 10 and I don't have any GNU products installed. Say I want to print all occurrences of red starting at line 3 to the end of file. EXAMPLE FILE: red green red red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Adding a Period at the end of a line

I started venturing in learning the art of using AWK/GAWK and wanted to simply added a period from line #11 to line #28 or to the end of the file if there is data. So for example: 11 Centos.NM 12 dojo1 13 redhat.5.5.32Bit 14 redhat.6.2.64Bit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner to print to end of line

Given: 1,2,whatever,a,940,sot how can i print from one particular field to the end of line? awk -F"," '{print $2 - endofline}' the delimiter just happens to be a comma "," in this case. in other cases, it could be hypens: 1---2---whatever---a---940---sot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - end of line - Help!

I have a textfile which I am parsing with awk. The lines do not have the same number of fields, so sometimes $3 is the last field, sometimes not. When I do a 'printf("%s, %s\n", $2, $3)', if $3 is the last field in the line, when I cat the file the output looks something like this:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmesserly
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count start and end keyword in a line

Hello fellow awkers and seders: need to figure out a way to ensure a software deployment has completed by checking its trace file in which I can store the deployment results as follows: echo $testvar ===== Summary - Deploy Result - Start ===== ===== Summary - Deploy Result - End =====... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ux4me
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column to end of each line with ´awk´

Hi, I have data with approximately 300 columns. I want to add a column to the end of each column with the value "1". Is there a way that I can do this is ´awk´ without having to specify each individual column. For instance, my data looks like: pvb 1 2 3 4 5 ....... 300 fdh 3 4 5 2 4 ......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
SDL_WasInit(3)							 SDL API Reference						    SDL_WasInit(3)

NAME
SDL_WasInit - Check which subsystems are initialized SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" Uint32 SDL_WasInit(Uint32 flags); DESCRIPTION
SDL_WasInit allows you to see which SDL subsytems have been initialized. flags is a bitwise OR'd combination of the subsystems you wish to check (see SDL_Init for a list of subsystem flags). RETURN VALUE
SDL_WasInit returns a bitwised OR'd combination of the initialized subsystems. EXAMPLES
/* Here are several ways you can use SDL_WasInit() */ /* Get init data on all the subsystems */ Uint32 subsystem_init; subsystem_init=SDL_WasInit(SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING); if(subsystem_init&SDL_INIT_VIDEO) printf("Video is initialized. "); else printf("Video is not initialized. "); /* Just check for one specfic subsystem */ if(SDL_WasInit(SDL_INIT_VIDEO)!=0) printf("Video is initialized. "); else printf("Video is not initialized. "); /* Check for two subsystems */ Uint32 subsystem_mask=SDL_INIT_VIDEO|SDL_INIT_AUDIO; if(SDL_WasInit(subsystem_mask)==subsystem_mask) printf("Video and Audio initialized. "); else printf("Video and Audio not initialized. "); SEE ALSO
SDL_Init, SDL_Subsystem SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 23:00 SDL_WasInit(3)