Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: identify memory bank
Operating Systems Solaris identify memory bank Post 302157179 by RTM on Thursday 10th of January 2008 09:43:46 AM
Old 01-10-2008
I believe if Sun were replacing the memory, they would replace all of it.
If you are replacing the memory, then replace one at a time and boot- if the errors go away, then you found your 'bad' dimm. Long process but will cost you less money.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris question bank

from where can i get the solaris question bank. any hints??? raguram R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
1 Replies

2. AIX

Identify All Processes memory and cpu usage.

Hi All, Anyone has script to monitor AIX total processes memory and cpu usage that contribute to the total memory and CPU utilize so far ? The purpose of this is to analyze process memory trend. Thanks. Best Regards, ckwan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
2 Replies

3. Solaris

No memory detected in Bank 3

Hi. Recently I discovered how to access the 'ok' prompt on my E450. (Thanks DukeNuke2) And so I've been running tests, checking the system out... (since until now I've not known how to get to the 'ok' prompt) And came across 0>INFO: No memory detected in Bank 3 and *** Missing DIMM(s)... as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SomeoneTwo
3 Replies

4. Programming

Can anyone provide some sources about bank IT

I am working in IT company working for banks.I find hardly to get technology about bank IT on the internet.Consider banks all using Unix, I think I can get some help here. Recommend some sits or books about bank IT will be very helpful!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhdzhu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking Bank Account Number except last 4 digits in the file

Hello Unix Guru's, I need help in the masking Bank Account Number except last 4 digits in the file using either unix command or shell script. I'm greatly appreciate your help. File Name: Sample.txt 560|101012|4267||||||||520114025017|Balance_bank|06/30/2018||||151716.41|AUD... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep R
13 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)