Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed replace encoded string
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed replace encoded string Post 302157051 by matrixmadhan on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 11:53:02 PM
Old 01-10-2008
Quote:
It appears to succeed
Did you confirm the above from the output in stdout ?

If so, use solution as suggested by ghostdog Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to replace more the 1 string with one SED?

i want to replace two phrases in text file originalstringA.1. blah blah.... originalstringB.1. got this code so far: #variables IP=$1 NO=$2 FS=$3 IS=$4 NN=1 #echo variables echo '' echo $IP echo $NO echo $FS echo $IS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: replace string with another string (with spaces)

Hi I have an XML file with strings XABCD, XEFGHX and XIJKLX. I would like to replace XABCDX with "This is the first string", XEFGHX with "This is the second string" and XIJKLX with "This is the third string". What is the best way to implement this? Should I have a file with the data that is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zmfcat1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to replace the a string in the same file using sed?

How do i replace a string using sed into the same file without creating a intermediate file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - replace in the string

I have problem with replacement text. For example I have text in the file: <first> <first> <ex> <first> <first> </ex> <first> <first> I need replace all <first> only between </ex> using sed. Thank you for your reply (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomix
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Base 64 encoded string

Could anyone of you please give me some idea to decode base 64 encoded value in ksh? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace string

Hello guys, I'm working in a cellular company and i'm trying to do a script to run some commands automaticlly. I'm using Solaris version :SunOS pk-ercuas4 5.10 in my work. I've a file that creates by script named test1.mos that that look like: confb+ gsg+ lt all $date = `date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oferg
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)