Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in setting up a script.. Post 302157029 by Smiling Dragon on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 10:06:14 PM
Old 01-09-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdog74
nope. I assume file1 and file2 are similar , only difference is file2 is always later than file1. Smilie
In that case:
Code:
cp file1 file2

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting passwd in script

HP-UX 11 I currently have a script that is running useradd and passwd commands to automate setting up new users. It was originally designed so that passwd was run with -d -f to delete a passwd and force user to set passwd at next login. Now mgmt wants instead to set a first-time passwd and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
2 Replies

2. AIX

umask setting on a logon script

hi, am new to AIX. i have an issue. iam asked to change the umask setting on a logon script on a server to prevent writable files. i logged in as the root user and typed in umask and it displays 022, which i believe is 755 for direc and 644 for files. 1) how to I identify where the logon script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting a global variable in script

Hi All, I know to set global variable i can use export .. But take the situation like below .. I want to set a variable in one script and access that in second script i have done like this .. It is not working one.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $RISSHI export RISSHI=1 two.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting env variables using script

Hi, I wrote two small scripts to set env variables in a shell. java_env.csh #!/bin/csh -fn setenv JAVA_HOME '/scratch/software/jdk1.5.0_11' setenv PATH $PATH':'$JAVA_HOME'/bin' and run it using csh ./java_env.csh But the env variables are not set. I tried running each line on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoviceAmod
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting script exit code

#!/bin/ksh row=`sed '1!G;h;$!d' file1.xml | head -2| tail -1` echo "$row" | awk -F"" '{$esum=$5}' row=`sed '1!G;h;$!d' file2.xml | head -2| tail -1` echo "$row" | awk -F"" '{$isum=$5+$19}' echo "Exp:$esnum" echo "Imp:$isum" if then echo "Matched" else echo "Not matched" fi ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Need help setting up script

Hello all, I am trying to setup a script that will copy any files older than 30 days in four directories to my windows box, then delete any files older than 30days in the four directories, verify that they are deleted, then send me a confirmation email. I would like to set this up as a cron job... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lzim
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting a TZ variable in a script

Hello all, I know this must be simple .... but i can't grasp what could be the issue. I'm trying to setup the timezone variable (to the unix command date) according to what i find in a value that i got from parsing the config file. The end result would be setting the log file with this new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting Verbosity Option of Script

I have a script and I want the verbosity option to work in the following way: User can either set quiet (no verbosity), use default verbosity level (when doing -v), or set a level value (when doing -v=2 or --vrbLevel=2). I am making some more progress on this and am thinking of this idea. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting time for running of the script

Dear all, I wonder if it is possible that we can run the script from time to time..I meant, it should repeat the sourcing of the script by itself? In my case, I need to source this script manually from time to time, like once in every 10 minutes. emily, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xzdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), or lzop(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp(1) or diff(1). If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported compression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncompressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp(1) or diff(1) is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), lzop(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2011-03-19 XZDIFF(1)