Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting tcl: regexp matching special character Post 302156943 by sumitgarg on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 04:28:21 PM
Old 01-09-2008
i would rather use lsearch

i was trying to understand if (and how) that can be done with 'regexp'?

Otherwise,

lsearch -exact $str1 $var1

does the job pretty well.

% set var1 {a[1]}
a[1]
% set var2 {aa[1]}
aa[1]
% set var3 {a[11]}
a[11]
% set str1 {a[1] is the element we are looking for and not aa[1] or a[11]}
a[1] is the element we are looking for and not aa[1] or a[11]

% lsearch -exact $str1 $var1
% lsearch -exact $str1 $var2
% lsearch -exact $str1 $var3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching on any special character in Unix

Hi, I have field in a file which would come with any special character, how do i check that field? Eg: @123TYtaasa>>>/ 131dfetr_~2 In the above example, how do I add pattern for any special character on the keyboard. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp matching

Hello, I cannot see what's wrong in my code. When I run code below, it just print an empty string. my $test = "SWER~~ERTGSDFGTHAS_RTAWGA_DFAS.x4-234253454.in"; if ($test = ~ m/\~{1,2}.*4/) { print "$1\n"; } else { print "No match...\n"; } Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urandom
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching regexp

Hi, maybe it is stupid question, but is it possible to match expression like this ? : ... // ... ( there is "//" somewhere on the line and on the end of the line there ISN'T "*/" ) I've tried something like : (in SED) sed 's/\/\/' but I need "*/" not to be on the end of the line ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolage
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on TCL regexp and match

Hello everyone, I'm new in tcl scripting. I'm currently studying a tcl script and came across this line: regexp {(\d+)(\S?)} $opts match opt swi According to my understanding, this line means to search in the opts variable for one or more digit, followed by a non-whitespace character... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar85
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on regexp in TCL

I need some help with regexp in tcl. The following code does work if the $urlvar ends in jpg,jpeg,png or gif. Eg, protocol(http/https)://testsite.com/images/image1.jpg if { ! } { //Do something } My problem is that if the URL does not end in these extensions this regexp is of no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ampak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexp in tcl

I need to change R3.1.5 as 03015 similarly R4.1.7 as 04017 i need a single command in tcl pls help ---------- Post updated at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:48 PM ---------- i had to do like this without using regexp set old_release "R3.1.5" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two special character separated files based on pattern matching

Hi. I have 2 files of below format. File1 AA~1~STEVE~3.1~4.1~5.1 AA~2~DANIEL~3.2~4.2~5.2 BB~3~STEVE~3.3~4.3~5.3 BB~4~TIM~3.4~4.4~5.4 File 2 AA~STEVE~AA STEVE WORKS at AUTO COMPANY AA~DANIEL~AA DANIEL IS A ELECTRICIAN BB~STEVE~BB STEVE IS A COOK I want to match 1st and 3rd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crypto87
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help using regexp in a TCL script ??

In a tcl script I need to find a way of reading a file, and looking for a phrase ("set myvariable") and putting the word following that into a variable. I've used a file open, and a while loop with gets to read each line from the file into a variable, and using regexp searched for the item. I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tonyb61
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special Character issue in Expect Utility (Tcl)

Hi, I have written a unix expect utility "ssh-login.exp" which connects (ssh) to remote host and execute some shell script. I am calling this "ssh-login.exp" utility from another shell script. "ssh-login.exp" takes username, password, host and shell script path to execute on remote host. All... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mahesh Desai
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

TCL script to delete a pattern(regexp)

Hi I am writing a TCL script to delete a certain in a file My Input file module bist_logic_inst(a, ab , dhd, dhdh , djdj, hdh, djjd, jdj, dhd, dhp, dk ); input a; input ab; input dhd; input djdj; input dhd; output hdh; output djjd; output jdj; output dk; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies
COLLATOR_COMPARE(3)							 1						       COLLATOR_COMPARE(3)

Collator::compare - Compare two Unicode strings

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public int Collator::compare (string $str1, string $str2) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style int collator_compare (Collator $coll, string $str1, string $str2) Compare two Unicode strings according to collation rules. PARAMETERS
o $coll -Collator object. o $str1 - The first string to compare. o $str2 - The second string to compare. RETURN VALUES
Return comparison result: o 1 if $str1 is greater than $str2 ; o 0 if $str1 is equal to $str2; o -1 if $str1 is less than $str2 . On error boolean FALSE is returned. Warning This function may return Boolean FALSE, but may also return a non-Boolean value which evaluates to FALSE. Please read the section on Booleans for more information. Use the === operator for testing the return value of this function. EXAMPLES
Example #1 collator_compare(3)example <?php $s1 = 'Hello'; $s2 = 'hello'; $coll = collator_create( 'en_US' ); $res = collator_compare( $coll, $s1, $s2 ); if ($res === false) { echo collator_get_error_message( $coll ); } else if( $res > 0 ) { echo "s1 is greater than s2 "; } else if( $res < 0 ) { echo "s1 is less than s2 "; } else { echo "s1 is equal to s2 "; } ?> The above example will output: SEE ALSO
collator_sort(3). PHP Documentation Group COLLATOR_COMPARE(3)