Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with FTP o n Unix SCO Post 302156938 by Smiling Dragon on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 04:15:59 PM
Old 01-09-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos19
thanx for the reply
i am going to troubleshoot as you suggested
but another thing is that other services are acessible from the WAN,
and when ftping other win based server it works
thanx
If you can get to other services on that same SCO unix server from the WAN then it's probably not worth trying the ping (2) and telnet/ssh (3) steps.

I'm thinking that it might be step 1 (the test for binding) that will be most valuable now...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help about SCO unix complie problem ?

Can you tell me why ? Thank you ! $ cc -L /usr/lib server.c -lsocket UX:acomp: WARNING: "server.c", line 60: argument is incompatible with prototype6 Undefined first referenced symbol in file ffush server.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: loudingyang
2 Replies

2. SCO

inetd problem in Unix Sco

Hi, I cannot remote login into my unix sco server, only at the box itself, when I write root to login then enter, it immediately logs in without asking me the password :confused: , at the prompt it gives me this error : inetd:system defaults databse couldn't be allocated due to : cannot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP - Sco Unix to ProFTPD Error

First off I did try google for help on this topic, didn't really find anything. When I try to ftp from my SCO Unix box (SCO_SV servername 3.2 5.0.5 i386) to a proFTPD server within my company I get this error Connected to 10.?.?.?. 220 ProFTPD Server ftp.hostname.com Name (10.?.?.?:root):... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whegra
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP from SCO UNIX to Windows XP PC

I am trying to start an FTP session from my UNIX PC to a PC running XP. I aim to run a cron to manipulate remote files on the Windows M/C. I cannot connect to the Windows M/C when i start rthe FTP session on the UNIX box. I can do it fine the other way round. I have set entries in /etc/hosts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: farmacy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hand needed about FTP service on SCO UNIX

Hi all. I'm pretty new to this forum,hope a good time here. issue is that I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.5 installed on the virtual machine VMware. Configured the NIC and assigned 192.168.18.254 as it's IP,and the host OS windows XP 's IP is 192.168.18.8 ,both of them can PING each other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blf0
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing SCO UNIX 6.0

Hi all, This is the first time I have attempted to install SCO UNIX. I have a customer that has requested we install it on a desktop sized machine and they have supplied me with their install CD - "SCO UNIX Release 6.0.0 Base Operating System Install disk CD 1" I am attempting to install it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Becks
0 Replies

8. SCO

Problem with sco unix 5.0.5 and copy disk

Hi, i'm from Argetina and my english is very poor. I'm trying to copy disk with sco unix 5.0.5 -60Gb IDE Disk- (7476, 255, 63) to other disk -IDE 80Gb- and g4u v2.3. After the copy, i'm trying the 80Gb disk and the roblem is the partition /u/disco is empty. Note: /u/disco is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebpes
0 Replies

9. SCO

SCO unix binary compatibility problem

Hi I am looking for sco xenix binary compatibility utility "cvtomf",(convert omf object to COFF object) Would you please help me ? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
3 Replies

10. SCO

SCO UNIX ftp - weird kind of working

hi, i am working on sco unix 5.07, i have 10 individual servers networked locally in which sco os is installed. one of them is not transferring the file to other servers but accepting all files. means Server (A) can accept the file through FTP from any server but not transferring FTP its own... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aafflatoon
9 Replies
ypset(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 ypset(1M)

NAME
ypset - point ypbind at a particular server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ypset [-d ypdomain] [-h host] server DESCRIPTION
In order to run ypset, ypbind must be initiated with the -ypset or -ypsetme options. See ypbind(1M). ypset tells ypbind to get NIS services for the specified ypdomain from the ypserv process running on server. If server is down, or is not running ypserv, this might not be dis- covered until an NIS client process tries to obtain a binding for the domain. At this point, the binding set by ypset is tested by ypbind. If the binding is invalid, ypbind attempts to rebind for the same domain. ypset is useful for binding a client node that is not on a broadcast net, or is on a broadcast net that is not running an NIS server host. It is also useful for debugging NIS client applications, for instance, where an NIS map exists only at a single NIS server host. Where several hosts on the local net are supplying NIS services, ypbind can rebind to another host, even while you attempt to find out if the ypset operation succeeded. For example, if you enter the ypset command below, you might get the subsequent response from ypwhich: example% ypset host1 example% ypwhich host2 The sequence shown above is a function of the NIS subsystem's attempt to load-balance among the available NIS servers, and occurs when host1 does not respond to ypbind because it is not running ypserv (or is overloaded), and host2, running ypserv, obtains the binding. server indicates which NIS server to bind to, and must be specified as a name or an IP address. This works only if the node has a current valid binding for the domain in question and ypbind has been set to allow use of ypset. In most cases, server should be specified as an IP address. ypset tries to bind over a connectionless transport. The NIS library call, yp_all(), uses connection-oriented transport and derives the NIS server's address based on the connectionless address supplied by ypset. Refer to ypfiles(4) for an overview of the NIS name service. OPTIONS
-d ypdomain Use ypdomain, instead of the default domain. -h host Set ypbind's binding on host, instead of locally. Specify host as a name. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ypwhich(1), ypfiles(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 ypset(1M)