Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Disable/Enable HP print services SCO OS 5 Post 302156889 by sighbrrguy on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 11:33:16 AM
Old 01-09-2008
Ok. Thank you again for your help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Enable and disable ttyS0

I have a modem connect it to ttyS0 , in unix sco i know i can disable and enable the port , how can i do this , is there a command that will allow me to do this. **** I'm running Redhat 9 *****External Usrobotics 56k Thanks a lot guys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable and Enable Backspace or Ctrl^H in vi

Could anybody tell me how I can disable or enable the backspace key in vi editor. I would like to feel the essence of the commands of vi editor but as I have the latest version and it is supporting the backspace key. I do it on promp using the command stty erase - This command stops the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

How to disable RIP and enable EGP

Hello, We recently had a Nessus scan done of our system and the solution to one of the findings was this: disable the RIP agent and use an EGP routing protocol I have been unable to find any specific instruction on how to do either. We are running Solaris 8. Any help would be greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringman
3 Replies

4. Solaris

SSH enable, Telnet disable ...

Hi... How do I enable SSH and disable telnet.. Also - is there anything special I need to do to ensure that a new user can use ssh and su but not telnet? Adel (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
15 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 how do I enable and disable services? (equivalent of chkconfig on Linux)

I've successfully installed syslog-ng and chkconfig using the packages from the OpenCSW project, these packages install under /opt/csw. I now need to disable the default syslog daemon and enable the new service created by the OpenCSW package (/etc/init.d/cswsyslog_ng). Is there any good way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab: disable/enable

since i don't have root access, i have been doing: crontab -l > /tmp/username.crontab crontab -r vi /tmp/username.crontab and copy page crontab -e, and paste sometimes, /tmp/username.crontab has more than 1 page, so i have to copy twice. how do i copy all contents from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable and disable the auto mount

How to enable and disable the auto mount option for USB devices.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies
enable(1)							   User Commands							 enable(1)

NAME
enable, disable - enable/disable LP printers SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/enable printer... /usr/bin/disable [-c | -W] [ -r [reason]] printer... DESCRIPTION
The enable command activates printers, enabling them to print requests submitted by the lp command. enable must be run on the printer server. The disable command deactivates printers, disabling them from printing requests submitted by the lp command. By default, any requests that are currently printing on printer will be reprinted in their entirety either on printer or another member of the same class of printers. The disable command must be run on the print server. Use lpstat -p to check the status of printers. enable and disable only effect queueing on the print server's spooling system. Executing these commands from a client system will have no effect on the server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for use with disable: -c Cancels any requests that are currently printing on printer. This option cannot be used with the -W option. If the printer is remote, the -c option will be silently ignored. -W Waits until the request currently being printed is finished before disabling printer. This option cannot be used with the -c option. If the printer is remote, the -W option will be silently ignored. -r [reason] Assigns a reason for the disabling of the printer(s). This reason applies to all printers specified. This reason is reported by lpstat -p. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. The default reason is "unknown reason" for the existing printer, and "new printer" for a printer added to the system but not yet enabled. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported for both enable and disable: printer The name of the printer to be enabled or disabled. Specify printer using atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpstat(1), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 enable(1)