Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in setting up a script.. Post 302156729 by spikywits on Tuesday 8th of January 2008 11:15:06 PM
Old 01-09-2008
and this command did the trick...comm -3 file1 file2 >> file2
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting passwd in script

HP-UX 11 I currently have a script that is running useradd and passwd commands to automate setting up new users. It was originally designed so that passwd was run with -d -f to delete a passwd and force user to set passwd at next login. Now mgmt wants instead to set a first-time passwd and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
2 Replies

2. AIX

umask setting on a logon script

hi, am new to AIX. i have an issue. iam asked to change the umask setting on a logon script on a server to prevent writable files. i logged in as the root user and typed in umask and it displays 022, which i believe is 755 for direc and 644 for files. 1) how to I identify where the logon script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting a global variable in script

Hi All, I know to set global variable i can use export .. But take the situation like below .. I want to set a variable in one script and access that in second script i have done like this .. It is not working one.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $RISSHI export RISSHI=1 two.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting env variables using script

Hi, I wrote two small scripts to set env variables in a shell. java_env.csh #!/bin/csh -fn setenv JAVA_HOME '/scratch/software/jdk1.5.0_11' setenv PATH $PATH':'$JAVA_HOME'/bin' and run it using csh ./java_env.csh But the env variables are not set. I tried running each line on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoviceAmod
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting script exit code

#!/bin/ksh row=`sed '1!G;h;$!d' file1.xml | head -2| tail -1` echo "$row" | awk -F"" '{$esum=$5}' row=`sed '1!G;h;$!d' file2.xml | head -2| tail -1` echo "$row" | awk -F"" '{$isum=$5+$19}' echo "Exp:$esnum" echo "Imp:$isum" if then echo "Matched" else echo "Not matched" fi ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Need help setting up script

Hello all, I am trying to setup a script that will copy any files older than 30 days in four directories to my windows box, then delete any files older than 30days in the four directories, verify that they are deleted, then send me a confirmation email. I would like to set this up as a cron job... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lzim
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting a TZ variable in a script

Hello all, I know this must be simple .... but i can't grasp what could be the issue. I'm trying to setup the timezone variable (to the unix command date) according to what i find in a value that i got from parsing the config file. The end result would be setting the log file with this new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting Verbosity Option of Script

I have a script and I want the verbosity option to work in the following way: User can either set quiet (no verbosity), use default verbosity level (when doing -v), or set a level value (when doing -v=2 or --vrbLevel=2). I am making some more progress on this and am thinking of this idea. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting time for running of the script

Dear all, I wonder if it is possible that we can run the script from time to time..I meant, it should repeat the sourcing of the script by itself? In my case, I need to source this script manually from time to time, like once in every 10 minutes. emily, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies
DIFF3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison SYNOPSIS
diff3 [ -ex3 ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
Diff3 compares three versions of a file, and publishes disagreeing ranges of text flagged with these codes: ==== all three files differ ====1 file1 is different ====2 file2 is different ====3 file3 is different The type of change suffered in converting a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways: f : n1 a Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3. f : n1 , n2 c Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2. If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1. The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication. When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of the lower-numbered file is suppressed. Under the -e option, diff3 publishes a script for the editor ed that will incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3, i.e. the changes that normally would be flagged ==== and ====3. Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3). The following command will apply the resulting script to `file1'. (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1 FILES
/tmp/d3????? /usr/lib/diff3 SEE ALSO
diff(1) BUGS
Text lines that consist of a single `.' will defeat -e. Files longer than 64K bytes won't work. DIFF3(1)