Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Passing blank arguments to a script Post 302156701 by rm-r on Tuesday 8th of January 2008 07:56:22 PM
Old 01-08-2008
Yes. And it worked!! You the man Smilie

Thanks for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Réal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to a script

I've written a script (bgrep) for a more advanced grep command (& attached a cut down version below). I'm trying allow all grep options to be used, or in any combination. The script works fine if I type say bgrep -i -files product it will return a non-case sensitive list of matches for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Pryke
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to a Perl script

I am playing around with Perl and wrote the script below that is executed from the command line, it will split data up in a file based on a value supplied. When executed you provide two arguments - the file that contains the data to be split and the character you want to split by. It works as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem passing arguments to script

Hi, I am writing a script, which is invoked from other system using ssh. I have problems reading the arguments passing to the script. If the argument has a space in it (ex "rev 2.00"), the script considers "rev" as 1 argument and "2.00" as another. Instead i want "rev 2.00" to be considered... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing arguments to sql script

Hi Gurus, i have one requirement in unix script, i have a file called abc.txt in that few lines are there with the empid, i need to read each line and pass to .sql script. ex: abc.txt 2345 2346 1243 1234 i need to pass these arguments to .sql script rom unix ex: select * from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devendar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing arguments to external script

Hi! I have a python script that requires arguments and these arguments are file paths. This script works fine when executed like this: /my_python_script "file_path1" "file_path2" (i added quotes as some file names may have weird characters) the issue happens when i launch my python script... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to a perl script

Hi I need to pass comma seperated arguments to a perl script? It is like: Exect.pl -d GUI1,GUI2,GUI3 and I need to store these argsGUI1,GUI2,GUI3 in an array. can anyone suggest how to do that: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple arguments to a shell script

Hi Gurus, Need some help with the shell scripting here. #!/bin/ksh ps -ef | grep -i sample.ksh | grep -v grep > abc.txt if then echo "sample.ksh is executing" else echo "sample.ksh is not executing" fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to a bash script

Hi, I wanted to pass an argument to a bash script. So that the argument is used inside the awk command inside the bash script. I know the noraml way of passing argument to a bash script as below : sh myScript.sh abc Inside the bash script i can use like this myArg1=$1 wc $myArg But... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments while running the script

Hi, I have a requirement for creating a MQ (queue) where the inputs has to be passed as arguments. Running the script as below ./hi.sh "Servername" "QueueManagername" "QueuecreationCommand" cat hi.sh echo "Welcome to $1" runmqsc $2 < $3 But the queue creation command is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to php script

i want to be able to pass arguments to a php script if it is being piped: cat myphpscript.php | php - $1 $2 $3 blah blah This usually works for other script languages...i.e. ruby: cat myrubyscript.rb | ruby - $1 $2 $3 blah blah so my question is, how can i pass arguments to my php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)