Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Installing 3590 tape drive to pSeries server run on AIX5.3 Post 302156691 by dukessd on Tuesday 8th of January 2008 07:19:59 PM
Old 01-08-2008
You will need to install the Atape driver for this type of tape drive / library.

IBM - AIX Device Drivers for System Storage Tape

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

help installing Sun 8mm unipack scsi tape drive

Hi all, please help I am stuck. I have installed a external unipack scsi tape drive. The tape drive is Exabyte Eliant 820. All I did was connected scsi cable and power it on. When issued "probe-scsi-all" command, the tape is correctly identified. However, when issued "dmesg | more" command, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennis
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Error After Installing Tape Drive

Hi, I am a newbie to Solaris, I have a SunFire V120 box, i was trying to install a tape drive(HP SureStore DAT24), i did the install in this manner. # rm -rf /etc/path_to_inst # init 6 later at the "ok" prompt i gave "boot -ar" after doing that it asked me various options i accepted the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajendra.rait
2 Replies

3. Linux

Installing tape drive?

Hello. I have Redhat 8.0 on a laptop. Working good. I wanted to install the tape drive that is physically attached to it. The tape drive worked fine under Windows98SE. It's one of those parallel QIC-80 drives and I confirmed that it is supported by FTape. It appears that FTape might already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuralTurtle
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing AIX 4.3, pseries

I'm new with UNIX, i have a pseries server from IBM and i need to install AIX 4.3, i never used wyse terminal or AIX, i need help to know how to install it, i have the server and the wyse i get in into the aixterm, over com1 but i don't know wich command use or what to do to install it..... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juan-ito
0 Replies

5. SCO

Installing SCSI Tape drive

Hello, I'm having some issues with installing SCSI tape drive on SCO 5.0.6 hardware config shows the following adapters %adapter 0xE800-0xE8FF 10 - type=alad ha=0 bus=0 id=7 fts=sto %adapter 0x0170-0x0177 15 - type=IDE ctlr=secondary dvr=wd %adapter - 3 - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananth_ak
3 Replies

6. AIX

savevg/tar/mksysb of server-A on remote tape drive possible ?

Every 3 months we have to do backups (smitth mksysb/lsmksysb + tar) on at least 30 workstations. We have to carry around 2 external tape drives to connect to them. It is a pain to do because it takes at least 3 days to do (evening/night shift) and users sometimes complain that there desk is not put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix tape drive

Hi, i installed a unix tape drive on my alphaserver. when i use a mt command it tells me there is no tape or device. I have used the hardware manager and it shows the tape is present. Can anyone help me understand why it cannot pick up the tape as a default? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryks
1 Replies

8. AIX

Ultrium LTO3 Tape Drive for pSeries p570

I have 2 servers in my office which are p570 and p550. Both run under AIX 5300-07. And I only have 1 x SCSI Ultrium LTO3 Tape Drive. For syncronization purposes, I always backup p570 server's database and restore into p550 server. And due to the frequent process of syncronization, I require to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

9. AIX

Share Blade IBM Tape drive with Windows Server

Hi , We have a Blade Chassis H housing 4 servers. It has a single tape drive. Can i share this tape drive with a HP Server Running Windows Server 2003? They are in the same LAN btw. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzahed
0 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)