Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with script, shutdown if no ping responce Post 302156264 by porter on Monday 7th of January 2008 05:15:42 PM
Old 01-07-2008
I thought you would have something like....

1 * * * * /path/to/my/script/to/do/this/pinging.sh >/var/log/lastpingthing.log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote shutdown script

Dear all I would like to shutdown multiple servers remotely with the issue of one single command. What is the command to shut down a server remotely (ie, I want to issue a command on server X to shutdown server Y and server Z). Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutdown script

Hi Guys, I want to execute few of my bash script, so that whenever someone calls shutdown now -r command, I want my script to execute first before shutting down. Any help please????? I've just started playing with the unix system, so far its been brilliant.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha_manic
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not waiting for user responce

hi all, Im fairly new to scripting and am having a noobish issue. Ive got a script that checks for certain directories and if they dont exist, prompts the user to do a mkdir. heres trouble spot in the script: cat dirlsttemp.dat | while read dir; do echo "$dir does not exist, would you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdudejr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A script for shutdown

I want to make a script to shutdown a unixware computer from other user then root. In Sco version i use "as root" but in the unixware i don't know. Please help me. 10x (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelu
12 Replies

5. HP-UX

Shutdown script

Hi, I am on Alpha Server with HP Tru64 system. I wish to setup shutdown to automatically and cleanly shutdown informix during the shutting down of the system. Ie. I was trying to use rc0.d to do this but failed. Has anyone tried doing this before? I already have the script and linked it to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script sh for shutdown

Hi, i need shutdown a pc, is in the same network what command i can use in the script :o ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dymblos
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutdown Script

Im writing a script to read a file called shutdown.cf and shut down any scripts that are listed there. I have came up with the following based on things I saw in similar programs but it doesn not work: Has anybody any idea what I may be doing wrong? Cheers Paul (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep the responce on TL1

Hi All, I'm a newbie here.. how can i grep the data when i receive responce from TL1 example: responce from TL1: blabalbalbalbalba.,lbalba,SUCCESFULL,blahblahbalabh... how can i grep the "SUCCESSFULL" while i'm running the script? is it possible? because i'm only to know is if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

db shutdown script

I am going to create shutdown database script. We have dabase shutdown script. But i need take dabase which online and make it down. I got user id which needs to dabase to down ID=`ps -ef | grep -i pmon | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}'` ( got orace side DB=`ps -ef | grep -i pmon |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: allwin
1 Replies
ROUTE.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						     ROUTE.CONF(5)

NAME
route.conf -- static routes config file DESCRIPTION
The route.conf file is read by the staticroute rc.d script during system start-up and shutdown, and is intended for adding and removing static routes. FILE FORMAT Lines starting with a hash ('#') are comments and ignored. Lines starting with a plus sign ('+') are run during start-up, while lines start- ing with a minus sign ('-') are run during system shutdown. If a line starts with a '!', the rest of the line will get evaluated as a shell script fragment. All other lines are passed to route(8). During start-up, they are passed behind a ``route add -'' command and during shut- down behind a ``route delete -'' command. FILES
/etc/route.conf The route.conf file resides in /etc. /etc/rc.d/staticroute rc.d(8) script that parses route.conf. EXAMPLES
In this example, the interface for the desired routing changes is set, the IP address on that interface is determined, and a route is added during startup, or deleted during system shutdown. # Set interface and determine current IP address for added route. !ifname=bnx0 !ipaddr=$(/sbin/ifconfig ${ifname} | awk '$1 == "inet" {print $2}') net 10.10.1 -interface ${ipaddr} In this example, IP forwarding is turned on during start-up, and a static route added for 192.168.2.0. During system shutdown, the route is removed and IP forwarding turned off. # Turn on/off IP forwarding. +sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 -sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=0 net 192.168.2.0 -netmask 255.255.255.0 192.168.150.2 SEE ALSO
rc.conf(5), rc(8), route(8) BSD
May 1, 2012 BSD