Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting trying to write a script to loop through a port info file Post 302156134 by rcon1 on Monday 7th of January 2008 11:14:02 AM
Old 01-07-2008
trying to write a script to loop through a port info file

Below is part of a script i have written to loop through part of a port info file. How do i continue the script to get info for OS Device Name, manufacturer and then put information into an array?

HBA Port WWN: 10000000c9420b4b
OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c10
Manufacturer: Emulex
Model: LP10000DC-S
Firmware Version: 1.92a1
FCode/BIOS Version: none
Type: N-port
State: online
Supported Speeds: 1Gb 2Gb
Current Speed: 2Gb
Node WWN: 20000000c9420b4b

#!/bin/ksh

PORT_INFOFILE=/tmp/aa

if [ -f $PORT_INFOFILE ]; then
rm -f $PORT_INFOFILE
touch $PORT_INFOFILE
fi

# read port info

fcinfo hba-port >> $PORT_INFOFILE 2>&1

cat $PORT_INFOFILE | while read line; do

x=`echo $line | grep "HBA Port"`
if [ -n $x ]; then
NEW_PORT="TRUE"
else
NEW_PORT="FALSE"
fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Parallel Port info?

is there a command so that i can se info about the parallel port, if there isn't a specific command for that is there a command so i can se info about the system and all ports and devices? Thanx /Nick (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting info from microannex connected to serial port A

Hi, is there a way to get information of an annex device connected to port A ? i need to get the I.P address of the annex and the port it connected to on the annex. dori (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through file and write out lines to file(s)

Hi, I am new to ksh scripting so your help will be much appreciated. I have a file called file.txt which looks like this Header 20050702 20050703 ABC DEF Header 20050703 20050704 123 456 Header 20050704 20050705 XXX YYY What I am trying to do is write out each of the record... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
7 Replies

4. Programming

how to write application for 32 com port

Dear Sir, i m going to use NP5610-16 moxa device for multiport serial communication. i m using fedora-core 6 o.s. after installation it will detect serial ports as /dev/ttyr0,/dev/ttyr1...ttyr32. there are total 32 com ports. now i want to write application which monitor all serial ports and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pull info under headers in file(awk,grep,while loop)

below is an extract from my file and I am trying to use Awk and grep and a while loop to pull infomation from under neath "HBA WWN=".HBA WWN=" reoccurs all over the file but the 100000c.....number are unique and I want to be able to pull and reference specifi information under this header ever time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Push records to array during implicit loop and write to file

NEWBIE ALERT! Hi, I'm 1 month into learning Perl and done reading "Minimal Perl" by Tim Maher (which I enjoyed enoumously). I'm not a programmer by profession but want to use Perl to automate various tasks at my job. I have a problem (obviously) and are looking for your much appreciated help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jospan
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to write to a file within a loop

Hi All, Following is the program that i have written in cygwin. The redirection of the unfound $param1 to error.txt file doesnt work.Can any one help? #!/usr/bin/sh fname=$1 sed 's/ //g' "$fname" > fname1 while read i do echo $i > file1 #param1 is script name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janardhanamk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to loop line in a file and add info or do echo

I have a record.txt it will update weekly, and it could be 2 lines or more ... it just echo each line to the script san jose,23.34% tampa,2.15% dallas,30.20% seattle,44.29% Unknown,16.72% How do i write a shell script to give me a test.pl or bash file which contain #!/home/perl... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a Boolean variable which succeed and failed inside the if loop in shell script ?

I have if loop with multiple variable value check in if loop. How can i print only if loop satisfied variable and its value in shell script ? I dont want to check each variable in if loop. That makes my script larger. if ] then echo "Only satisfied variable with value" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
3 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)