Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris problem NFS mounting onto Solaris 10 Post 302156002 by serendipity1276 on Monday 7th of January 2008 02:22:57 AM
Old 01-07-2008
problem NFS mounting onto Solaris 10

On my Solaris 10 server, I want to share out the directory /export/home/data, so in the /etc/dfs/dfstab file, I have this line:

share -F nfs -o rw /export/home/data

In the /etc/hosts.equiv file, I have this:

+

When I do a "ps -ef" command, I see that the "nfsd' daemon is started.

From another Solaris 10 system, I can mount onto that /export/home/data directory. But when I try to mount from a PC using PCNFS software, I see this error popping up on the Solaris 10 server:

Permission denied for sharetab

I use the same PCNFS software, and can mount onto another Solaris 9 system, but not to a Solaris 10 system.

Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem mounting DVD on Solaris 10 (x86)

I have just installed Solaris 10. I have read various threads on how to mount CDs put can't get mine going. My Sony DVD RW-U14A is attached to IDE2 as the master. If I type iostat -En I get c1t0d0 soft errors 0 hard errors 0 transport errors 0 Vendor Sony Product DVD RW-U14A Size 0Gb etc.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christian_hicks
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with NFS server (Solaris 10)

Hello Guys, I have just joined this forum & hope that I will find a solution to my question. I have configured NFS shares on my machine solaris 10 (5.10). Shares have rw access for everyone. Tried starting NFS server daemon with following command. svcadm -v enable -t network/nfs/server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: say_hi_ravi
3 Replies

3. SCO

SCO6 NFS Problem mounting Windows resource

Hi, We are testing SCO6 for an upgrade. We currently have a SCO5.0.4 system that mounts a remote directory on a Windows 2000 server. The windows server has 'services for unix' installed to enable the required directory to be mounted on the SCO system. On SCO we run '/etc/mount -v -f NFS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnagra
2 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 8 NFS mounting problem

While mounting nfs file system I get the following error . # mount -F nfs jewelex:/back2 /oback2 nfs mount: jewelex:/back2: Permission denied Following is the permission for oback2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root other 512 Apr 9 18:39 oback2 Directory permission on jewelex server is ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Mounting a NFS network file system across platforms - Solaris to AIX

Hi all, Kind of an emergency situation, I have to NFS mount an AIX filesystem on to a Sun Solaris OS (5.10). Typically from Sun to Sun is: mount -F nfs <remote file system>/dir <mount point> Which of course doesn't work if the remote file system is another OS (like AIX). Is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
1 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS problem on Solaris 8

I have problem to map directory from the client. But here is what I have done on the server # exportfs - /export/home/sefas/director/traffic rw "" # ps -ef|grep nfs root 192 1 0 May 20 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/nfs/lockd daemon 193 1 0 May 20 ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamsul
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Problem Mounting NFS share

I have one machine "The server" ip: 192.168.1.1, it runs ubu 8.04(LTS) and - I have a folder (/shareme) that I want to share with other linux machines on my LAN. - The server runs NFS server and common and portmap and so do the other machines on my LAN. - The server has the export file with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fcron
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Help mounting nfs on boot on Solaris 11

Hello, I am looking for some assistance in mounting an nfs drive on boot, on a Solaris 11 machine. On my Solaris 9/10 machines, I have an entry for my nfs mount in /etc/vfstab, however when I add the same entry to my vfstab on Solaris 11, the drive will not mount on boot. After booting up, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Mounting 2012R2 NFS Share on Solaris 10

Hi all, new here. I'm attempting to mount an NFS share I've created on a 2012r2 esx VM on my solaris 10 vm, I'm using the following command: mount 2012box:/sharename /mnt and I get the following result: nfs mount: mount: /mnt: Operation not supported Both vms can ping one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meshuggener
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Mounting NFS

Hi, I am having some issues mounting NFS files. for some reason the mount -F nfs is not being recognized.. bash-3.2# mount -F nfs -o rw 192.168.245.129:/mnt/nfs1/ /mnt UX:vxfs mount: ERROR: V-3-20135: FSType nfs not recognized UX:vxfs mount: INFO: V-3-20147: Usage: mount {special |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
5 Replies
root_archive(1M)														  root_archive(1M)

NAME
root_archive - manage bootable miniroot archives SYNOPSIS
/boot/solaris/bin/root_archive pack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive packmedia solaris_image root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpackmedia solaris_image root The root_archive utility is used to manage bootable miniroot archives and is currently only available on platforms. The utility can pack and unpack boot/root archives in both ufs and hsfs (iso9660) format. It will always generate ufs archives. root_archive also uses the lofi file driver to export a file as a block device (see lofi(7D)) and mount to mount or unmount file systems and remote resources (see mount(1M)). root_archive requires the same privileges that are needed to run these commands. SUBCOMMANDS
The root_archive command has the following subcommands: pack archive root Pack from the image found under the root directory to the archive. unpack archive root Unpack from the archive to an unpacked image under the root directory. packmedia solaris_image root Pack the solaris image to the root directory. unpackmedia solaris_image root Unpack the solaris image from the root directory. For packmedia and unpackmedia, other items that do not go into the ramdisk image are copied or uncopied (see cpio(1)) as well. Specifi- cally, this includes all the packaging databases needed for pkgadd and the other packaging utilities to succeed which are not used in the running and hence pruned to conserve memory. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Unpacking the Solaris x86 install image The following command unpacks the current Solaris image from the root directory: # root_archive unpackmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot Where /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest represents a path to a Solaris x86 install image and /export/Boot is a directory that will be purged or created, as necessary. Example 2: Packing the Solaris x86 install image The following command packs the current Solaris image to the root directory: # root_archive packmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. 1 The command exited due to an error. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ cpio(1), bootadm(1M), mount(1M), attributes(5), lofi(7D) 26 Sep 2005 root_archive(1M)