Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hard-swappable
Operating Systems HP-UX hard-swappable Post 302155079 by sridharr83 on Thursday 3rd of January 2008 12:02:51 AM
Old 01-03-2008
I am sorry, it is hot-swappable!! Kindly provide the solution for this!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard drives

Will some one tell me what this means. "warning: ida 0 <slot 6> : command timed out on dev 1/42 blk 4824290 logical unit=0 blocks=5512102, size 2, cmd=0x20." I'm running SCO 505 on a proliant 1600r. Thnank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franruiz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why is this so hard when it shouldn't be?

All I ask is one thing: 1. Where can i dl unix and the driver for my modem? right now i have win xp HP notebook, and bellsouth is my provider with a westell modem. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: velious
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why use a hard link

Someone asked me a question today about the difference between a hard link and a soft link. That got me thinking and maybe someone can answer. Why would I ever use a hard link if I can use a soft link instead? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hard Disk

I have a cuestion. How Can I to add other hard disk to my computer? I need to configurate anyone? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaraver
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to copy old hard drive to new hard drive.

:confused: ........I have a new hard drive and I need to copy ALL info from the old to the new. I would like to use the dd command. I know the command is as follows...... dd if=/dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0 of=/dev/rdsk/???????? Where I have the question marks is the problem. How do I find out what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Easy for some... Hard for me.. Please help.

Hello and thank you for looking, I need to open port #36678 on solaris 8. There is no software firewall installed. Please tell me the easiest way to do this? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: komputersman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hard Links Help

Ksh newbie here, so please bear with me. I'm currently writing a script that searches through a directory and displays files with multiple hard links. The way I have it set up, is that it displays the i-node number and then each of the link names. In addition to this, I need to know if there... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unknown50862
7 Replies

9. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies
NG_TTY(4)                                                  BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                  NG_TTY(4)

NAME
ng_tty -- netgraph node type that is also a TTY hook SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ttycom.h> #include <netgraph/ng_tty.h> DESCRIPTION
The tty node type is both a netgraph node type and a TTY hook. The node has a single hook called hook. Incoming bytes received on the tty device are sent out on this hook, and frames received on hook are transmitted out on the tty device. No modification to the data is performed in either direction. While the hook is installed on a tty, the normal read and write operations are unavailable, returning EIO. Incoming data is delivered directly to ng_tty via the tty bypass hook as a buffer pointer and length, this is converted to a mbuf and passed to the peer. The node supports an optional ``hot character''. If the driver can not deliver data directly to the tty bypass hook then each character is input one at a time. If set to non-zero and bypass mode is unavailable, incoming data from the tty device is queued until this character is seen. This avoids sending lots of mbufs containing a small number of bytes, but introduces potentially infinite latency. The default hot character is 0x7e, consistent with hook being connected to a ng_async(4) type node. The hot character has no effect on the transmission of data. HOOKS
This node type supports the following hooks: hook tty(4) serial data contained in mbuf structures, with arbitrary inter-frame boundaries. CONTROL MESSAGES
This node type supports the generic control messages, plus the following: NGM_TTY_SET_HOTCHAR This command takes an integer argument and sets the hot character from the lower 8 bits. A hot character of zero disables queueing, so that all received data is forwarded immediately. NGM_TTY_GET_HOTCHAR Returns an integer containing the current hot character in the lower eight bits. NGM_TTY_SET_TTY This command takes integer process ID and file descriptor of open tty and registers the tty hooks. SHUTDOWN
This node shuts down when the corresponding device is closed. SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), netgraph(4), ng_async(4), tty(4), ngctl(8) HISTORY
The ng_tty node type was implemented in FreeBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
Archie Cobbs <archie@FreeBSD.org> Andrew Thompson <thompsa@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
The serial driver code also has a notion of a ``hot character''. Unfortunately, this value is statically defined in terms of the line disci- pline and cannot be changed. Therefore, if a hot character other than 0x7e (the default) is set for the ng_tty node, the node has no way to convey this information to the serial driver, and sub-optimal performance may result. BSD December 25, 2008 BSD