Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help! Sun SPARCstation 10
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help! Sun SPARCstation 10 Post 302154901 by cc9911 on Wednesday 2nd of January 2008 11:44:24 AM
Old 01-02-2008
Data This might be a bad question

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
Looks like the box is trying to boot over the network.

Power off
Disconnect any keyboard and screen
connect serial terminal to serial port A at 9600,n,8,1 to watch it boot up
Power up
I guess I'm not quite sure what you mean by "connect serial terminal to serial port A at 9600,n,8,1" That just went way over my head. If I disconnect the screen, how can I verify it is booting up? This is one of those questions that I know has an obvious answer and am almost embarrased to ask

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Lost password on a SPARCstation Voyager

Hi, I got hold of a SUN SPARCstation Voyager today, but I don't have the root password. I made a linux bootdisk and tried to sue that to edit the shadow file, but it comes up saying "magic number" (since it's not a UFS floppy). I haven't got any recovery disks for it, and no documentation. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KWManiac
5 Replies

2. Solaris

SPARCstation 5 broadcasting

Hey guys...hopefully this will be a fairly easy one. I've got an old SPARCstation 5 running Sun 5.5.1 that I just hooked up to the network so that I can run HP OpenView. The box is working fine, but it is broadcasting as a boot server. In other words, when co-workers come in and get ready to log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SPARCstation is broadcasting as boot server

Hey guys...hopefully this will be a fairly easy one. I've got an old SPARCstation 5 running Sun 5.5.1 that I just hooked up to the network so that I can run HP OpenView. The box is working fine, but it is broadcasting as a boot server. In other words, when co-workers come in and get ready to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

4. Solaris

SparcStation 20 Crashed. Doesn't boot.

I have sparc Station 20 which is crashed and doesn't boot from the OK prompt except gives me bunch of errors. How can i retrieve my data from the root drive before go for re-installation. This system has Veritas Volume manager on it don't know the version but assume its 2.xxx. Thanks -Adeel (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet in SPARCstation 5 Solaris 8

Hey. i have been trying to configure the on board Ethernet in My Sparcstation 5, i have spent a lot of time on the ifconfig man pages. but it could really be nice with some pro. help. i don't think the interface is running . i don't know what name the interface have, le0 eth0 et0, it just says no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
4 Replies

6. Solaris

help about time and date on sparcstation

Hi all, I have one problem on my sparcstation20, time stops when I turn off my station, where is the problem? do u think is the NVRAM is crashed? ( for example, I turn off my station at 11:00, when I turn on the next day, I found time on 22:20)!!! please help me thank's for All (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reda_lui
9 Replies

7. Solaris

SPARCSTATION 20 - No Video

I apologize in advance that this is probably more of a hardware question than a unix/software one. I've got a seemingly brand-new sparcstation 20 that came with 2 memory modules and that's about it. I've added a new 2 GB HDD and a VSIMM Onboard SX Graphics module. So, I assume with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ErikTheHAck
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remote use of a sparcstation

I am away from my Unix sparcstation and need to work on it remotely via a PC. I can open a PuTTy window and execute line commands. But I've forgotten how to be able to work on a graphical program, like xfig. I know there are some commands to enable this, but can't remember them. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leveson
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting a Sparcstation 5 with dead HD

We have an ancient Sparcstation 5 for those few clients that still run SunOS or Solaris. After the last power outage (4 years ago?) we never turned it back on. It had been making some unpleasant noises back then, too. Now we need it again and it won't boot. The machine came with one hard... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrynd
4 Replies

10. Hardware

SparcStation 20 emulator

Hello, Just wanted to let interested people know that we've recently released a Linux freeware version of SparcStation 20 emulator. It emulates SS20 with some basic peripherals: a single SPARC V8 32bit CPU, up to 512MB RAM, an NCR53C94 SCSI controller, 2 serial lines, disks, a network adapter,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thlan
7 Replies
UHSOCTL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						UHSOCTL(1)

NAME
uhsoctl -- connection utility for Option based devices SYNOPSIS
uhsoctl [-a apn] [-c cid] [-p pin] [-u username] [-k password] [-r path] [-f path] [-b | -n] interface uhsoctl -d interface uhsoctl -h DESCRIPTION
uhsoctl is a small connection utility for Option N.V. devices that are based on Options packet interface and uses proprietary AT_* calls to establish connections. The utility (tries to) configure both default route and name servers (/etc/resolv.conf). By default uhsoctl detaches from the terminal upon on a successful connection, a few command-line options exists that allows this behavior to be changed. uhsoctl attempts to find a usable controlling serial port based on the provided network interface. If this fails you might specify a serial port manually. OPTIONS
-a apn Specify APN to connect to. -c cid Specify CID (Context ID) to use, by default CID 1 is used. If an APN has been configured once, it's enough to specify the CID used for further accesses. -p pin Specify SIM PIN. -u username Specify username. -k password Specify username. -r path Path to resolv.conf, default /etc/resolv.conf. Use /dev/null to disable updating of name servers. -f path Explicitly set the serial port to use as controlling terminal. Might be needed if the automatic detection fails. -b Fork into background directly, before a connection has been established. -n Never fork into background, run entirely in foreground. EXAMPLES
Connect to ``apn.example.com'' on interface ``uhso0'' and use PIN ``1234'' to enable the SIM card. uhsoctl -a apn.example.com -p 1234 uhso0 Disconnect from a previously established connection. uhsoctl -d uhso0 SEE ALSO
uhso(4) BSD
Aug 12, 2009 BSD