Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh if block question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh if block question Post 302154724 by JamesByars on Tuesday 1st of January 2008 03:20:51 PM
Old 01-01-2008
Excellent. Now it is clear.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple ksh question

Hi, Simple question I am sure... I need to put yesterdays date in the name of a filename, ie assign yesterdays date to a variable and then I can use it where I want.. using the format yyyymmdd Any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about KSH line.

Wondering what this line meant, especially the 2>&1 and ${RUN_DIR} parts: ${RUN_DIR}/<filename> 2>&1 Where <filename> is the location and name of a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CapsuleCorpJX
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh question, loops

i want to add about 60 printers using a ksh script. i am having trouble though, i am reading the input from the hosts file and using the lpadmin command to add like so: lpadmin -p -v /dev/null -m netstandard -o dest= i want printername and ipaddy to come from the hosts file, i am having... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Question On Recursion In Ksh

Hi Folks, I would just like to know how recursion works in ksh or inside a shell in general. I created the following script, but it works(runs recursively) only for 64 times: ---------------- #! /usr/bin/ksh displaymessage() { echo "displaying count: $cnt " echo "wait for 1 second..."... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marlonus999
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion question about ksh

Hi all, New to ksh and had a few questions to see if this is doable in ksh or if I am going to have to call out to a tcl procedure. I have an Ascii file I want to convert to hex then search and remove all hex chars '0A' and then convert back to Ascii. Here is an example of an Ascii file I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hgjdv
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh question

How can I know if my system has ksh feature? #!/usr/bin/ksh Which command we allow me to see? Please advise! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question regarding ksh script

Hi all, I have came across the following line in a script and was not able to interpret the meaning despite searching in the web for answer, my guess is that it seems like a comment to me stating if 0 then return else exit ============================ : 0 - 999 .... ........ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on using a variable in KSH

Hi all, The below command tries to copy ".tgz" instead of "hello_test.tgz" -- It seems as if the underscore gets in the way. I tried with different ways of using quotes, with no luck, unfortunately...it's probably very simple, but may I ask how this would be done: How would the below be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching a block of data sed or ksh

I have the need to check content of very many files for a block of text. I know the data should match for instance/as an example the following The list of characters bugs bunny tom and jerry Mighty mouse Felix the cat / In the first step, I isolated the interesting data by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh prompt yes/no question

I am writing a code like this in KSH . #!/bin/ksh echo is this SQL query ? yes or no read answer case $answer in yes|Yes|y) echo got a positive answer ;; no|n) echo got a 'no' ;; esac Here after ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
2 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)