Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rsh & Sqlldr
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rsh & Sqlldr Post 302154555 by epall on Monday 31st of December 2007 04:21:35 AM
Old 12-31-2007
All the paths inside sqlldr.ksh is hardcode and I'm able to execute the script in machine B (10.1.65.176).
I failed execute the scripts via remotely in machine A (10.1.65.116)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsh & rlogin

I'm trying to execute the next command: " rsh CompName date " which means i want to get the date from a machine which i have its CompName. but i get the answer : "Connection refused" what do i need to do ? how can i sign myself as user or guest in the other machine ? thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Inbal
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcp & rsh

Hi everybody, I have a problem with rcp & rsh command from Winnt 4 to an AIX machine. I would like to use rsh from Winnt on Unix but it works only with some machines of the domain. With the others, an error message appears and say : "myadress.com: rshd: 0826-826 The host name for your address... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfrangidis
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlldr help

1.The below script works perfectly fine in dev. However, i have been told that i cannot hardcode the password into the file during production impementation. Is their way i could ask the user to enter the password when the script is executed 2. I have seven different files each of which needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: systemsb
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know sqlldr error?

Hi all, Can anyone know how to get the error codes from 'sqlldr' ?While am trying to load some 'ISO-8859-1' data file into 'utf8' oracle database,some records are rejected.I want to know the reason,whether it is due to charset mismatch or some other issues.How come i to know that ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote commands problem using RSH & Rexec

I have enabled the RSH and Rexec command in my HP-UX server but when i try to send any command to the server it returns Execute Permission Denied except commands like ls-l C:\rsh xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -l mpac mxpkill 12 the mxpkill command work when I log to the server using telnet with the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhuwaidy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlldr end of file

Hi, I've a batch program that load data from a file like: 00000013|FERRAN|JULIAN|GONZALEZ|1| 00000014|FRANCESC|NARVAEZ|PAZOS|1| 00000015|INMACULADA|MAYOL|BELTRAN|2| I used the sqlldr command in this way: sqlldr userid=U/P control=$SCRIPTS/CTRL.WCT data=$DATA/FILE log=$LOGS/FILE.LOG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raippl
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RSH or SSH & security

I am wanting to run backups to remote servers ie: A to B's tape drive and B to A's tape drive. Should I use rsh or ssh? It looks as those rsh opens up security issues (the backup has to run as root). Which one should be used and does someone have the links to set up allowed connections. In what I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jphess
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell con sqlldr

Hola, Genere un proceso en proC que me inserta registros a oracle, el cual ejecuto desde un shell en Unix. Por otro lado tengo un sqlldr que me hace el trabajo en un 25 % de tiempo que mi proceso en C. Se que puedo ejecutar mi sqlldr desde un shell, pero no se como hacer, alguien tiene un... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcoinxs
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlldr in shell script

Hi I'm using SQL*Loader in shell script as below sqlldr $uname/$pword@$ORACLE_SID parfile=$test.par for e.g. if $test is 'file1' and getting the below error LRM-00109: could not open parameter file 'file1' LRM-00113: error when processing file 'file1' SQL*Loader: Release... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth_kumar
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem in the sqlldr & shell script

Guys i am facing two problems : (1) when i create the sql loader file the date format i m getting is this 28-DEC-11 12.03.14.107137 AM; for this i m using this script but unable to load the files trailing nullcols ( SERIALNO, AMOUNT, CLASS, MDN, VDATE "to_date(:TIMESTAMP, 'DD-MON-YY... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xal_kaushi
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-SETUP(1)				     systemd-machine-id-setup				       SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-SETUP(1)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-setup - Initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-setup DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-setup may be used by system installer tools to initialize the machine ID stored in /etc/machine-id at install time, with a provisioned or randomly generated ID. See machine-id(5) for more information about this file. If the tool is invoked without the --commit switch, /etc/machine-id is initialized with a valid, new machined ID if it is missing or empty. The new machine ID will be acquired in the following fashion: 1. If a valid D-Bus machine ID is already configured for the system, the D-Bus machine ID is copied and used to initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id. 2. If run inside a KVM virtual machine and a UUID is configured (via the -uuid option), this UUID is used to initialize the machine ID. The caller must ensure that the UUID passed is sufficiently unique and is different for every booted instance of the VM. 3. Similarly, if run inside a Linux container environment and a UUID is configured for the container, this is used to initialize the machine ID. For details, see the documentation of the Container Interface[1]. 4. Otherwise, a new ID is randomly generated. The --commit switch may be used to commit a transient machined ID to disk, making it persistent. For details, see below. Use systemd-firstboot(1) to initialize the machine ID on mounted (but not booted) system images. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --root=root Takes a directory path as argument. All paths operated will be prefixed with the given alternate root path, including the path for /etc/machine-id itself. --commit Commit a transient machine ID to disk. This command may be used to convert a transient machine ID into a persistent one. A transient machine ID file is one that was bind mounted from a memory file system (usually "tmpfs") to /etc/machine-id during the early phase of the boot process. This may happen because /etc is initially read-only and was missing a valid machine ID file at that point. This command will execute no operation if /etc/machine-id is not mounted from a memory file system, or if /etc is read-only. The command will write the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id mount point in a race-free manner to ensure that this file is always valid and accessible for other processes. This command is primarily used by the systemd-machine-id-commit.service(8) early boot service. --print Print the machine ID generated or committed after the operation is complete. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), machine-id(5), systemd-machine-id-commit.service(8), dbus-uuidgen(1), systemd-firstboot(1) NOTES
1. Container Interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-SETUP(1)