Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users unable to create any directory that uses numbers as the directory name Post 302154505 by theozsnowman on Sunday 30th of December 2007 08:30:43 PM
Old 12-30-2007
im wondering if anyone has identified a solution to this?

we have a new centos 5 server with the latest 2.6 kernel with the exact same mkdir issue

we have run ossec, rkhunter and chkrootkit and found nothing unusual so are at a loss

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to create directory in /apps

well, I'm completely stumped so I'm hopeful that someone here may have an answer...one of my development machines is running Solaris 8 and I've been trying to create a folder in /apps. it gives me this message: mkdir: Failed to make directory "*******"; Operation not applicable I've tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkrotz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

unable to open directory from user

when ever i trying to give df -k from user showing permisson denied for one directory named samba.if i trying to give from root user samba directory is opening. shut@praveen#df -k df: cannot statvfs /samba/tcgt_tendering: Permission denied if i give from root user (df -k) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to create or delete a directory in /usr with root user

Hi All, I am trying to uninstall jdk 1.5 from my Solaris 10 64 bit but some how was not successful.so tried to delete the folder of jdk from /usr but its throughing error as: Unable to remove directory jdk: Read-only file system Even I tried to create a dir in /usr but its not allowing me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pshah
4 Replies

5. Linux

Unable to change the permission for directory

unable to chnage the ownership as group does not exist ls -ltr drwxr-xr-x 2 1520291 remote 1024 Sep 25 2014 img root@servername#chown content:remote img chown: img: Not owner (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghur77
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Create new directory and move files to that directory.?

Hi All, We have main directory called "head" under this we have several sub directories and under these directories we have sub directories. My requirement is I have to find the SQL files which are having the string "procedure" under "head" directory and sub directories as well. And create... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to cd to a directory

I am getting the below error when cd to a directory. cd /u/Mont /bin/ksh: cd: /u/Mont: ls -ltrd /u/Mont lrwxrwxrwx 1 user1 testuser 5 Dec 1 11:39 /u/Mont -> Mont uname -a SunOS mymac 5.11 11.2 sun4v sparc sun4v Can you please resolve the error and explain why is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create directory and sub-directory with awk and bash

In the below I am trying to create a parent directory using the R_2019 line from f1 if what above it is not empty. I then create sub-directories under each parent if there is a match between $2 of f1 and $2. Inside each sub-folder the matching paths in $3 and $4 in f2are printed. If there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
KSC(1)								   User Commands							    KSC(1)

NAME
ksc - Linux kernel module source checker SYNOPSIS
ksc [ -d | --directory ] DIRECTORY ksc [ -k | --ko ] FILE OPTIONS
KSC accepts command-line arguments, and has both a long and short form usage. You can use either style or combine them to specify options. When the tool is run with kernel module sources it checks for all four architectures, and when run with binary kernel modules, it checks for the specific architecture for which the binary was built. Valid RHEL whitelist releases are rhel6.0, rhel6.1, rhel6.2, rhel6.3, rhel6.4 -h, --help show this help message and exit -c CONFIG, --config=CONFIG path to the local ksc.conf file. If not specified the tool tries to read from ~/ksc.conf and if that is also not found then from /etc/ksc.conf -d DIRECTORY, --directory=DIRECTORY path to the directory -i, --internal to create text files to be used internally. -k KO, --ko=KO path to the ko file. You should either use -d or -k to run the KSC tool, but not both. If both -d and -k option is used at the same time then only -d is used and the -k option is discarded. -n RELEASENAME, --name=RELEASENAME Red Hat release against which the bug is to be filed. Default value is 6.5 -p PREVIOUS, --previous=PREVIOUS path to the previous resultset file and submit it as a bug to Red Hat Bugzilla. -r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE RHEL whitelist release used for comparison -s, --submit Submits the report to the Red Hat bugzilla (https://bugzilla.redhat.com). The credentials need to be in the /etc/ksc.conf file. The tool will prompt for bugzilla password. The configuration file looks like below: [bugzilla] user=user@redhat.com partner=partner-name partnergroup=partner-group server=https://bugzilla.redhat.com/xmlrpc.cgi -v, --version Prints KSC version number ksc - Version 0.9.11 Feb 2014 KSC(1)