Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how ./example.sh differs from . /example.sh and ./ example.sh Post 302154077 by lokeshpashine on Friday 28th of December 2007 02:23:39 AM
Old 12-28-2007
Hello JIM,

Sorry for delay in response can you tell me what "source the script" means?????

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

gcc output size differs on same version of solaris

Hello everybody, I am having two machines. I am using g++v2.95 When I do the build,the size of output file on both machines differ. I am not able to find what can be the problem. Both the machines are solaris 5.6 The command is : g++ -c -g -I./ -I../../../include -I/usr/local/include/g++-3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishs13
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print the first 5 lines in which 2 files differs

it is a simple problem, but I am totally new to shell programming There are 2 files. I have to print the 5 five lines which are different. I appreciate any help. 10x. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pid differs

I always find that the pid I get from: /var/run/syslog-ng.pid and ps -ef |grep syslog-ng are different. this also happens on other pids. why? If I am going to kill a process, which pid should I use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fredao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp. copy if size differs

Hi. On my system there is a script which making backup to ftp site. But it leaves copy of files on local machine. Then i go to Midnight Commander and check manually with MC features - i open ftp directory and copy files <if size differs>. So, how can i do the last thing in shell or other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script execution differs in cron

I have the following script (MyScript): #!/bin/sh ps U erv | grep -v grep | grep -F "/usr/bin/collect -o 101" echo "Result: $?" When executed from the command line, I get ... (the line containing /usr/bin/collect -o 101) Result: 0 (which is correct since collect is running) When I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost_neko
4 Replies

6. Programming

how abstract class differs in Java and C++?

hello all, i want to know if there is any difference in working and syntax declaration of abstract class in Java and C++. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haravivar
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PPID differs in script and prompt

I tried several times to get answer to the below problem. Someone can please help me? $ cat p1.sh #!/bin/sh `./c1.sh &` while # indefinite loop do x=5; done $ cat c1.sh # sleep for 10 sec and exit #!/bin/sh sleep 10; Execute P1 as ./p1 & $ ps -eaf | grep c1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of echo $$ differs in Script than console

Hi All, I have a very basic query for 'echo $$' command. When I am executing echo $$ on console then it is giving different output than the execution of echo $$ in a script. Console Output: ------------------------- bash-3.2$ echo $$ 15610 bash-3.2$ In Script:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output differs when run manually and when cron job executes it

I get a different output when i manually run the .sh script and when it is run by a cron job. Please help me .. TMP1="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t1" TMP2="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t2" TMP3="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t3" OUTPUT="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.out"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithinankam
8 Replies
DELAY.4TH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      DELAY.4TH(8)

NAME
delay.4th -- FreeBSD debugging boot module DESCRIPTION
The file that goes by the name of delay.4th is a set of commands designed to add debugging capabilities to loader(8). The commands of delay.4th by themselves are not enough for most uses. Please refer to the examples below for the most common situations, and to loader(8) for additional commands. Before using any of the commands provided in delay.4th, it must be included through the command: include delay.4th This line is present in /boot/beastie.4th file, so it is not needed (and should not be re-issued) in a normal setup. The commands provided by it are: delay_execute Executes the [string] procedure stored in the delay_command environment variable after loader_delay seconds. If the optional delay_showdots environment variable is set, a continuous series of dots is printed. During the duration, the user can either press Ctrl-C (or Esc) to abort or ENTER to proceed immediately. The environment variables that effect its behavior are: delay_command The command to be executed by delay_execute. loader_delay The duration (in seconds) to delay before executing delay_command. delay_showdots If set, will cause delay_execute to print a continuous series of dots during the delay duration. FILES
/boot/loader The loader(8). /boot/delay.4th delay.4th itself. /boot/loader.rc loader(8) bootstrapping script. EXAMPLES
Introducing a 5-second delay before including another file from /boot/loader.rc: include /boot/delay.4th set delay_command="include /boot/other.4th" set delay_showdots set loader_delay=5 delay_execute SEE ALSO
loader.conf(5), beastie.4th(8), loader(8), loader.4th(8) HISTORY
The delay.4th set of commands first appeared in FreeBSD 9.0. AUTHORS
The delay.4th set of commands was written by Devin Teske <dteske@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
May 18, 2011 BSD