Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telnet usename and password
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Telnet usename and password Post 302154010 by mastachef on Thursday 27th of December 2007 03:24:59 PM
Old 12-27-2007
Telnet usename and password

I am creating a spec file for RPM and I have a shell script that I am working on. The ojective to to telnet to a server, switch to the appropriate directory, run another shell script and then exit once the script is completed.

Code:
telnet <ipaddress>
echo <user>
echo <pass>
echo cd <directory>
run shell script
echo exit

I have searched and tried some of the examples but I am just not getting it...Smilie Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In Telnet I can't type anything in password!

I Need Help with Telnet when I login to telnet I type in my Unix user name and then I push ENTER and I can't type anything in password. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Campkin@Hunt
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How would I telnet & change user password automatically in a script

I would like to create a script that logs into a list of several servers 50+ and changes my password all at once. Every 60 days we are required to login to each system and change our passwords or else they expire and our login account is deleted. I have an idea on how I could do this but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
4 Replies

3. Solaris

connect whit Telnet without password

It's possible to connect whit Telnet (or rlogin) whithout password??? I must write a script (this script run on a windows machine), then after the connection on Unix machine, run a perl script and exit. I can know if an host can be consedered "Trusted" like SSH protocol? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raffyTxT
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is plan that comes when you use finger "usename" on solaris ?

Hai, In order to find out a user we can use finger "username" . The output of finger command has various details in the following manner : Login name: xyz In real life: xyz Directory: /home/xys Shell: /bin/ksh No unread mail No plan What is the plan... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajphaj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg : telnet password issue

Hi All, I am working on AIX 5.3. My requirement is to telnet to a server and scp a file from another server In my shell script i am using telnet to enter to a server and i am echoing the password as below echo open $Infahost sleep 1 echo $Infaftplogin sleep 1 echo $Infaftppasswd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Different root password between ftp and telnet

Hello All, I hope somebody can help me I used to work to client using solaris 2.5.1 using telnet to explore disk and ftp to archive data. There is one tester which I can connect using root password using putty but always keep rejecting me when i'm using root password using FTP. Are the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sawrio
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to pass Username and Password in telnet session

I have created a shell script to telnet remote machine. Here is the problem I am not able to pass the login username and password to the telnet session. I have searched forum and got few other methods to achieve this. But I need to know what's wrong in the below script. username="root"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxpassion
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting telnet stop on bad username or password

I am trying to build and expect script to log into multiple aix boxes and change password. I need for the script to terminate if it cannot log into a server because the username or password is wrong. #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 1 set host set user set password set uh "Unknown host" set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leemalloy
3 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD