Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stopping a shell script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Stopping a shell script Post 302153958 by Perderabo on Thursday 27th of December 2007 12:34:57 PM
Old 12-27-2007
-gt

You can do "man test" to all of the options.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Stopping a print request

Im running a solaris 9 system and keep getting this message: Request to LXKF894CB (unknown printer) from zion. This happen because there was a mis configured printer and a job was submitted to it. I fix the printer issue but this message keeps repeating and the PID keeps going up. How can i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyersp
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

stopping a script

i want to stop a script from running after one minute, using the sleep command, and then kill the process. anyhelp with this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AtomJ22
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stopping a processor

hi, Can any plz tell what is the command for stopping a processor? suppose a system is accessing 10 processors and we want to stop the 3rd & 6th processor then whats the command in Unix? thank u (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm_virtual
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping a command in between

Hi Is it possible to stop a command executing after certain time? I have this command say prstat which keeps on giving the values etc of the processes after every 1 sec(refreshes the screen) What I want is just stop the execution after first screen Since I have written this command in shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprg
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping A process

Hi I want to stop a process using a shell script. how do i do that? ie, to simulate ps -ef|grep Process name get the process id and kill -9 process id plz help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopsman
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

stopping running process

hi all, I am using red hat AS 4 linux enterprise,i need to run my application such that while its running no other process shuld run all the remaining process should be suspended ,i need to use whole of the process only for that application to run ,can anyone suggest me how to do this. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilakshmi
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

stopping you have mail.....

Hi, on server Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3, I am getting the mail "you have mail" can any body suggest how to stop this? mail are getting generated in below path. /var/spool/postfix/maildrop, due to which heavy file are getting generated. though sendmail service is stopped. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping cron job

Hi, I have scheduled one job in crontab. I want to stop the job automatically after some time of its execution without killing it. Could i archive the above? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehulleo
8 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Stopping Windows 10 Clients?

As I know you are all aware Windows 10 poses some serious security concerns. My question is three fold. 1. Is there a way to stop Windows 10 clients from accessing a web server? 2. What would be the MS counter punch to that? ie: how would they circumvent. (mask browser credentials?) 3. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScottyPC
4 Replies
ncakmod(1)							   User Commands							ncakmod(1)

NAME
ncakmod - start or stop the NCA kernel module SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/ncakmod start | stop DESCRIPTION
ncakmod is used to start or stop the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") kernel module. When the start option is specified at the command-line, the NCA kernel module will be activated for all physical interfaces listed in the nca.if file. When the ncakmod command is invoked with the stop option, the NCA kernel module will print the following message: To stop NCA, please set the status configuration parameter to disable in ncakmod.conf and then reboot your system. See the ncakmod.conf(4) manual page for more information. Note that in order to properly stop NCA on your system, you must first edit the ncakmod.conf(4) file and set the status field to "disable," then reboot your system. OPTIONS
start Starts the NCA kernel module. stop Describes the current method for stopping the NCA feature. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Starting and Stopping the NCA Feature The following command is used to start the NCA feature: example% /etc/init.d/ncakmod start FILES
/etc/init.d/ncakmod The NCA kernel module startup script. /etc/nca/ncakmod.conf Specifies configuration options for the NCA kernel module. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncar | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncab2clf(1), ncad_addr(4), nca.if(4), ncakmod.conf(4), ncalogd.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Sep 2001 ncakmod(1)