Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not able to get mail from sun server Post 302153925 by jaydeep_sadaria on Thursday 27th of December 2007 09:31:00 AM
Old 12-27-2007
Not able to get mail from sun server

Dear All

I am using mailx -s commnad in one of my unix script. But i am not able to get that mail on mail id that i had mention in commnad.

Kindly suggest me possible check where i can check for problem.

Thanks
Jaydeep

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minimal Mail Server Setup for Local Mail Transfer

I am trying to get stored mail out of an old mail client. I figured that the easiest way to do it is with IMAP by logging in with both clients. I can copy the mail to the server from the old mail client, and back down into the new mail client. Rather than using a real mail account on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies
BUNDLE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 BUNDLE(1)

NAME
bundle - collect files for distribution SYNOPSIS
bundle file ... DESCRIPTION
Bundle writes on its standard output a shell script for rc(1) or a Bourne shell which, when executed, will recreate the original files. Its main use is for distributing small numbers of text files by mail(1). Although less refined than standard archives from ar(1) or tar(1), a bundle file is self-documenting and complete; little preparation is required on the receiving machine. EXAMPLES
bundle mkfile *.[ch] | mail kremvax!boris Send a makefile to Boris together with related and files. Upon receiving the mail, Boris may save the file sans postmark, say in gift/horse, then do cd gift; rc horse; mk SOURCE
/rc/bin/bundle SEE ALSO
ar(1), tar(1), mail(1) BUGS
Bundle will not create directories and is unsatisfactory for non-text files. Beware of gift horses. BUNDLE(1)