Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris test and .test in same directory Post 302153919 by vikashtulsiyan on Thursday 27th of December 2007 08:45:14 AM
Old 12-27-2007
itz not abt "why i would want to do that", its about "why does it happen"... ever since i have started working on unix, i have been fascinated by itss simplicity and consistency... itz so unUNIX like, not allowing to do something that could be done......
anyways thanks for ur help

Its not about "why I would want to do that", its about "why does it happen"... Ever since I have started working on unix, I have been fascinated by its simplicity and consistency. Its so un-unix-like, not allowing to do something that could be done. Anyway, thanks for your help.

See rule 9 please.

Last edited by blowtorch; 12-27-2007 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: grammar

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to test directory availibility

Hello, I'm trying to test if a directory specified in a script parameter is available or not. I wrote a little code to do so, but there's a problem because I receive an error message. My code: #Verify command parameter if then echo 'Incorrect command parameter' echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santuna
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

test if there are files in directory

Hi, I am trying to test if there are files in a directory and if theres i want to get a list. Any ideas? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSAM2007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test if a script can cd into a directory

Is there a way for a bash script to test if it can cd into a directory without actually attempting to cd into it? I am looking for something along the lines of: if ;then #code to execute fi except in this case I don't want to test if the directory exists; what I want is to test... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dexdex200
8 Replies
wibble-test-genrunner(1)				      General Commands Manual					  wibble-test-genrunner(1)

NAME
wibble-test-genrunner - Code generator for wibble testsuites. SYNOPSIS
wibble-test-genrunner header <file> wibble-test-genrunner main <files> DESCRIPTION
The program generates .cpp files that are then compiled and linked into a test program for running tests from .test.h files. Examples of such .test.h files may be found among wibble headers, eg. /usr/include/wibble/regexp.test.h. In the first form, the program processes a single header file (usually of the form foo.test.h) and produces a corresponding .cpp file to be compiled. In the second form, it takes as <files> all the .test.h headers and produces a single main.cpp which contains the main() function of the test program, which then runs all the tests in all the .test.h files. The generated source code is always written to standard output and it is left up to the user to redirect it to a meaningful location. The program currently has no options other than the two forms above. The program is intended to be run as part of build process of programs or libraries using the wibble testing framework. For convenient use from CMake, there is a test.cmake script under /usr/share/wibble, that takes care of producing all the .cpp files (both per-header and the main one), compiling them and linking them into a single binary which executes the testsuite. AUTHOR
Petr Rockai <me@mornfall.net> wibble-test-genrunner(1)