Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris test and .test in same directory Post 302153919 by vikashtulsiyan on Thursday 27th of December 2007 08:45:14 AM
Old 12-27-2007
itz not abt "why i would want to do that", its about "why does it happen"... ever since i have started working on unix, i have been fascinated by itss simplicity and consistency... itz so unUNIX like, not allowing to do something that could be done......
anyways thanks for ur help

Its not about "why I would want to do that", its about "why does it happen"... Ever since I have started working on unix, I have been fascinated by its simplicity and consistency. Its so un-unix-like, not allowing to do something that could be done. Anyway, thanks for your help.

See rule 9 please.

Last edited by blowtorch; 12-27-2007 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: grammar

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to test directory availibility

Hello, I'm trying to test if a directory specified in a script parameter is available or not. I wrote a little code to do so, but there's a problem because I receive an error message. My code: #Verify command parameter if then echo 'Incorrect command parameter' echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santuna
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

test if there are files in directory

Hi, I am trying to test if there are files in a directory and if theres i want to get a list. Any ideas? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSAM2007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test if a script can cd into a directory

Is there a way for a bash script to test if it can cd into a directory without actually attempting to cd into it? I am looking for something along the lines of: if ;then #code to execute fi except in this case I don't want to test if the directory exists; what I want is to test... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dexdex200
8 Replies
GO-TEST(1)						      General Commands Manual							GO-TEST(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go test [-c] [-i] [ build flags ] [ packages ] [ flags for test binary ] DESCRIPTION
"Go test" automates testing the packages named by the import paths. It prints a summary of the test results in the format: ok archive/tar 0.011s FAIL archive/zip 0.022s ok compress/gzip 0.033s ... followed by detailed output for each failed package. "Go test" recompiles each package along with any files with names matching the file pattern "*_test.go". These additional files can con- tain test functions, benchmark functions, and example functions. See go-testfunc(7) for more. By default, go test needs no arguments. It compiles and tests the package with source in the current directory, including tests, and runs the tests. The package is built in a temporary directory so it does not interfere with the non-test installation. OPTIONS
In addition to the build flags, the flags handled by 'go test' itself are: -c Compile the test binary to pkg.test but do not run it. -i Install packages that are dependencies of the test. Do not run the test. The test binary also accepts flags that control execution of the test; these flags are also accessible by 'go test'. See go-testflag(7) for details. For more about build flags, see go-build(1). For more about specifying packages, see go-packages(7). SEE ALSO
go-build(1), go-vet(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-TEST(1)