Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Equivalent command to 'stat'
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Equivalent command to 'stat' Post 302153883 by prowla on Thursday 27th of December 2007 04:48:05 AM
Old 12-27-2007
What's "stats" (OS, example, etc.)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stat command

how can ý use "stat command"????.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emreatlier
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

stat command with ls -l

If i do ls -l i get the result rwx-rw-r ...... ............... file. How can i get the result in octal format. All other output will be the same as ls -l shows. The rwx-rw-r would be like 755 etc. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

hp-unix stat command to get last change date of file

I'm on hp-unix. I would like a variable to hold the last change date of a file. I looked at the man pages for stat, but I don't see any examples and can't get the syntax right. Can anyone help me? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboxtops
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Does PowerSHell have *stat command analogs?

I.e. like vmstat, cpustat, iostat, fsstat, kstat ..etc? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need file timestamp without stat command

Hi all, I want to check whether a file is not updated in last 15 minutes, for this i need to get timestamp of file, (yyyy:mm:dd:hh:mi:ss). I dont have access to STAT command :(. Please suggest a program or command to do this . Thanks, Saravana (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_1210
1 Replies

6. AIX

smitty equivalent command line command

i know after you do something in smitty via the gui, you can click something in smitty that will show you how to do the same thing via the command line, (not using the gui) can anyone tell me how (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX and HP-UX equivalent of Linux stat command

To list file permission/access right in octal format, linux has a command 'stat'. For example, we can use the followin - stat -c %a `find . -type f Is there any equivalent command in AIX and HP-UX to give the same result as linux 'stat' command? Please advice. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stat command

i know this command does not exist in solaris. however, i read somewhere on this forum that basically everything the stat command provides in other oses can be obtained in solaris using the ls command. i've searched the forum for a while now and i cant find the thread. does anyone know about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with stat command

Hi Experts, I am here with very simple request: #!bin/bash a=`stat -c %y log1.csv` echo $a and this stat command returning value as 2013-08-11 05:42:10.000000000 -0400: But I want to see in mm/dd/yyyy format? any help is highly appreciated thank you ---------- Post... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on stat command

hello, I wanted to know which is the output of the stat command with a file, for example if I write on the terminal: stat ./unix.pdf i get the output: 754974726 6915670 -rwxrwxrwx 1 mbruno106 staff 0 90501 "Aug 13 13:26:02 2013" "Aug 13 13:26:02 2013" "Aug 13 13:26:02 2013" "Aug 13... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marina2013
1 Replies
BATTERY-STATS-COLLECTOR(8)				      System Manager's Manual					BATTERY-STATS-COLLECTOR(8)

NAME
battery-stats-collector - Collect statistics about battery charge SYNOPSIS
battery-stats-collector [option] ... DESCRIPTION
Does exactly as it says on the tin - it will collect information from the APM subsystem and write it to a log file. Normally battery-stats-collector will be invoked by the system startup scripts. OPTIONS
battery-stats follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). -V, --version Show version of battery-stats-collector and exit. -h, --help Show summary of options and exit. -s, --syslog Log error messages to syslog, rather than stderr. Note that messages regarding invalid command line parameters will still go to stderr. -o filename, --output filename Append statistics to the given file. The default filename is /var/log/battery-stats -1, --once Only collect a single sample and exit. The default is to loop continiously. -i seconds, --interval=seconds Sampling intervals in seconds. If not specified, stats will be collected every 30 seconds. -I, --ignore-missing-battery Keeps quiet about missing batteries. This stops the warnings on stderr/syslog that would otherwise occur when the battery is miss- ing. -F samplecount, --flush=samplecount Flushes data to the logfile every <samplecount> samples. A value of zero turns off flushing altogether. If left unspecified, bat- tery-stats-collector will assume a value of 1, i.e. flush at every write. Setting the value too low will tend to keep the disk spinning (and use battery needlessly). Setting the value too high will loose statistics in case of an improper shutdown. Note that since battery-stats-collector uses the standard Ansi C library, data will still be flushed periodically (regardless of this setting) once the buffer fills up. The size of the buffer is platform dependent, but 4Kb and 8Kb seem pretty normal. FILES
/var/log/battery-stats Default file for writing battery charge samples to. SEE ALSO
battery-graph(1) Newer versions of this program may (or may not) be available at http://karl.jorgensen.com/battery-stats AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). September 18, 2002 BATTERY-STATS-COLLECTOR(8)