Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syslog file
Operating Systems HP-UX syslog file Post 302153811 by blowtorch on Wednesday 26th of December 2007 11:56:32 PM
Old 12-27-2007
I cannot say for sure, but there might be a problem with memory. If you have root, you can try to run the command mentioned (/opt/resmon/bin/resdata -R 176357378 -r /system/events/memory/8 -n 176357391 -a) to get more details.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

syslog log file sizes

I am logging the messages from a router network and the log files are getting enormous is there any way to limit the size of the log file by either wrapping it or preferably creating a new one and renaiming the old. Cheers mike (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mscomms
4 Replies

2. SCO

Syslog file too large

I have a very large syslog file on a Unixware 7.01 system. Can I delete the syslog file and will Unixware 7.01 recreate it? If not, what is the best way to clear the syslog file to reduce its size? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rries
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Large Unixware 7.01 Syslog file

I have a very large syslog file on a Unixware 7.01 system. Can I delete the syslog file and will Unixware 7.01 recreate it? If not, what is the best way to clear the syslog file to reduce its size? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rries
2 Replies

4. Solaris

syslog file is full

dear all i have solaris 10 and it send mail into the file syslog file how can i stop this because is too big ........ and big day by day thanks to all murad jaber (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to Redirect the error messages from Syslog file to our own Application Log File

Hello, I am New to Unix. I am Using HP-UX 9000 Series for my Application. I am Currently Facing an Issue that the error messages are being written in the syslog file instead of the Application Log File. The Codes for that Syslog.h is written in Pro*C. I want to know how to Redirect these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasubramaniam
3 Replies

6. AIX

/etc/syslog.conf file and warnings

Hi All, I am working on a server which has an /etc/syslog.conf file with the following entries (example): local6.debug /dplogs/uss1udp001.log rotate size 1500m time 1d files 14 local7.debug /dplogs/uss1udp002.log rotate size 1500m time 1d files 14 -----------------------------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

writing the log file into syslog

Hi, we are trying to enable auditing for few oracle 9i database. and right now it writies into adump directory. As adump can be read/write by oracle user so could it be possible to write into syslog while oracle keeps writing to adump . thanks in advance. Pk (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p4cldba
2 Replies

8. AIX

syslog file permission

Hi, I have setup syslog.conf to rotate and compress a messages file but the only problem is when it creates the new log file it creates it with the following permissions -rw-r-----. I just wondered if there is anywhere where i can specify what permissions this new log file is created with so I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elmesy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving Information From A Syslog File

Hi, I have a number of firewalls that send there traffic logs to a syslog server. Each log entry takes up about 3 lines and the text within the log entry is delimited by a space. There are parts of the three lines that I need from every traffic log entry. I have been using a combination of sed,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyblaylock
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

How redirect syslog message to a specified file?

Hello to everyone! I have a question about syslog. I want put the messages of log in a particular file but really i don't know how to do that or i don't get the results that I want. I do this: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <syslog.h> int main (void) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kovalevski
4 Replies
cmstartres(1m)															    cmstartres(1m)

NAME
cmstartres - starts resource monitoring on the local node for an EMS resource that is configured in a Serviceguard package. SYNOPSIS
cmstartres [-v] [-u] -p package_name resource_name DESCRIPTION
cmstartres starts resource monitoring for an EMS resource on the local node. This resource must be configured in the specified pack- age_name. To start a resource monitoring for an EMS resource in the package, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configuration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m) or cmmakepkg(1m). Options cmstartres supports the following options. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -u Wait for the EMS resource to be available before starting resource monitoring. -p package_name The name of the package where the EMS resource is configured in. This is a required parameter. resource_name Name of the EMS resource to start resource monitoring for. This resource must be configured in the specified pack- age_name. This is a required parameter. RETURN VALUE
cmstartres returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
To start resource monitoring for the EMS resource /net/interfaces/lan/status/lan0 for package pkgA, do the following: cmstartres -u -p pkgA /net/interfaces/lan/status/lan0 AUTHOR
cmstartres was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmstopres(1m), cmquerycl(1m), cmmakepkg(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmstartres(1m)