Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Using other computers for processing Post 302153101 by ramen_noodle on Sunday 23rd of December 2007 01:43:01 PM
Old 12-23-2007
Does this help?
Frequently Asked Questions

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

two computers - one modem

I have two mashines with RedHat 8.0......they connected with cross over cabel...I want use both mashines for Internet, but modem has only first computer... Maybe..through gateway ?.... What must i do for it ?...... sorry for my terrible english.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

two computers one internet

i have a computer (sempron 2200+) with Suse 9.3 and another computer with windows 98 (PI 233 Mhz). I'm connect first computer (with Suse) on the Internet through ethernet but second computers in not connect. How can connect second computers on the internet (with 3 network card...two on the first... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragos
8 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How Many Computers Do You Have At Home?

Here is an easy one. Count the number of desktops and servers you have running at home, including your home office if you have one. Don't count those that are in storage or you rarely use, count the ones that are powered on most, if not all, of the day (and night). (86 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
86 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make parallel processing rather than serial processing ??

Hello everybody, I have a little problem with one of my program. I made a plugin for collectd (a stats collector for my servers) but I have a problem to make it run in parallel. My program gathers stats from logs, so it needs to run in background waiting for any new lines added in the log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samb95
0 Replies

5. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Rcp between 2 computers

Hi, I need to rcp heavy files between 2 solaris 10/sparc M3000 computers. Currently theses 2 computers are linked via a switch/firewall and the rcp commands take a very long time, I have been told that this is because of the firewall (old one). I asked my client to by a cross ethernet cable and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)