Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris howto exit from 15K sc console. Post 302152643 by arm_naja on Thursday 20th of December 2007 04:27:24 PM
Old 12-20-2007
I tried it (tildes) but still not works

my situation.

telnet to SC cosole IP
su - sms-svc
console -d XX
login
do somethings
logout
need to exit???? << howto back to domain

Last edited by arm_naja; 12-20-2007 at 06:14 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems mirroring seagate cheetah 146GB 15k drives.

Has anyone ever tried mirroring with 15k seagate drives? I have never ran into this issue mirroring with 10k seagate drives. This is the error I am getting when attempting to mirror 146GB 15k seagate cheetah drives. It is complaining about overlaps with the metadevice state database. This is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsandova
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to exit system console from HMC?

Hi, I ssh to HMC, then vtmenu, then start a system console from there. How do I exit the console to return to HMC prompt? I've tried the following two key combinations but none of them is working: (1) ~~ (2) Ctrl+[, Shift+( Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Console Vs Serial console.

Hi Gurus, Can some one explain me the difference between a IP console and a serial console. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Zone console login prompt exit

Hi , I am not able to exit fom zone console login prompt. I have tried options like ~. ~~. and @. but it is not working fo me. Could someone Please help me on this. Thanks in Advance!! Regards, Laxxi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the difference between exit 1 & exit 7

Hi In one of the script I am seeing some thing like exit 7,exit 1,exit 2,exit 3,exit 9,exit6.What is the difference between all of this exit.Can anyone help here please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Question: HowTo Exit Script with User Input While Process is Running Mid-Loop?

Hi, I have written a script that allows me to repetitively play a music file $N times, which is specified through user input. However, if I want to exit the script before it has finished looping $N times, if I use CTRL+c, I have to CTRL+c however many times are left in order to complete the loop.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilltop_yodeler
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
console.handlers(5)					   System Administrator's Manual				       console.handlers(5)

NAME
console.handlers - file specifying handlers of console lock and unlock events DESCRIPTION
/etc/security/console.handlers determines which programs will be run when an user obtains the console lock at login time, and when the user loses it on log out. It is read by the pam_console module. The format is: handler-filename lock|unlock [flag ...] Where handler-filename is a name of the executable to be run, lock or unlock specifies on which event it should be run, and flags specify how should pam_console call it. Additionally there should be a line which specifies glob patterns of console devices. The format of this line is: console-name consoledevs regex [regex ...] Where console-name is a name of the console class - currently ignored - and regexes are regular expression patterns which specify the name of the tty device. Only the first such line is consulted. FLAGS
logfail The pam_console module should log error to the system log if the return value of the handler is not zero or if the handler can not be executed. wait The pam_console should wait for the handler to exit before continuing. setuid The handler should be executed with uid/gid of the user which obtained the console lock. tty The handler will get a tty name as obtained from PAM as a parameter. user The handler will get an user name as obtained from PAM as a parameter. Anything else will be added directly as a parameter to the handler executable. SEE ALSO
pam_console(8) AUTHOR
Tomas Mraz <tmraz@redhat.com> Red Hat 2005/3/18 console.handlers(5)