Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Idiot's Guide to Mac OSX BSD? Post 302152393 by porter on Wednesday 19th of December 2007 06:13:45 PM
Old 12-19-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2000
there should be a "OS compatability pack"
There is, it's called POSIX.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OSX vs. UNIX

To anyone that has the answer: What does UNIX have that Mac OSX doesn't. I am a programmer, and I am wondering if I could just get Mac OSX for my programming needs instead of UNIX. But my major question is what does UNIX have that Mac OSX doesn't. Thank you if you have the answer, and are willing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: REM
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OSX question

Hi. Is it possible to execute a Cocoa (or Carbon or eaven a classic) program for mac OSX in the terminal window? OSX finder can sometimes be so busy that it wont respond for several minutes, ie if you are uploading a very big file/files to a afp server. Then it would have been nice to start... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke30
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XWindows on Mac OSX

Hello, I'm like most people who post here, I'm new in UNIX. Yesterday I installed Xwindows on my OSX box just to learn as much about UNIX as I can. I been messing around with my terminal and conf files that have to do with Apache and sendmail and didn't mess anything up so I thought I was ready to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alpha_Harblo
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

ssh and Mac OSX

Please help if you are familiar with Mac OSX. I downloaded OpenSSH for a newer version of SSH than what comes with OS 10.1. What a mistake! Now every time I try to make a connection to my remote server I get an message that ssh was built against version such and such and I have version such and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glfisfn
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mac Osx.2

I finally broke down and decided to buy a new piece of hardware. I think I made the right decision when I chose an Apple iBook - OSX is incredible! I haven't used a Mac since System7.5, and 10.2 is just blowing me away! Best of all, it's easy to use for people who are not used to Mac, but if I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
5 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

win-xp/mac-osx

I'm currently looking for an emulation program that would allow me to open and run osx app.s and programs on a windows xp based system. if not is there a unix/linux/lindows program that may do the same? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: area51nstk
3 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Mac OSX kernel

is there anyway of looking at, and if possible, modifying it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh pub key auth - can some please guide me idiot proof

hello. can somebody please idiot proff simple guide me how to set up ssh public key authenciation? i am stuck, i tried long and googled a lot but i cant get it. thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
4 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Cron on Mac OSX

Hello, I was wondering about my Cron Script: HELL=/bin/tcsh PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin HOME=/var/log MAILTO=jwillis 25 1 * * * root /Users/jwillis/Fbcmd\Scripts/DailyBirthday.scrmy returned message is: Subject: Cron <jwillis@Macintosh-66> root ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jwillis0720
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UML on MAC OSX

Hey guyz, Is it possible to build user-mode linux kernel on MAC OSX? Please I need a reply asap as I have an assignment that I need to do. Thanks! Adel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aje02
1 Replies
SANDBOX_INIT(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   SANDBOX_INIT(3)

NAME
sandbox_init, sandbox_free_error -- set process sandbox (DEPRECATED) SYNOPSIS
#include <sandbox.h> int sandbox_init(const char *profile, uint64_t flags, char **errorbuf); void sandbox_free_error(char *errorbuf); DESCRIPTION
The sandbox_init() and sandbox_free_error() functions are DEPRECATED. Developers who wish to sandbox an app should instead adopt the App Sandbox feature described in the App Sandbox Design Guide. The sandbox_init() function places the current process into a sandbox(7). The NUL-terminated string profile specifies the profile to be used to configure the sandbox. The flags specified are formed by or'ing the following values: SANDBOX_NAMED The profile argument specifies a sandbox profile named by one of the constants given in the AVAILABLE PROFILES sec- tion below. The out parameter *errorbuf will be set according to the error status. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion of sandbox_init(), a value of 0 is returned and *errorbuf is set to NULL. In the event of an error, a value of -1 is returned and *errorbuf is set to a pointer to a NUL-terminated string describing the error. This string may contain embedded newlines. This error information is suitable for developers and is not intended for end users. This pointer should be passed to sandbox_free_error(3) to release the allocated storage when it is no longer needed. AVAILABLE PROFILES
The following are brief descriptions of each available profile. Keep in mind that sandbox(7) restrictions are typically enforced at resource acquisition time. kSBXProfileNoInternet TCP/IP networking is prohibited. kSBXProfileNoNetwork All sockets-based networking is prohibited. kSBXProfileNoWrite File system writes are prohibited. kSBXProfileNoWriteExceptTemporary File system writes are restricted to the temporary folder /var/tmp and the folder specified by the confstr(3) configuration variable _CS_DARWIN_USER_TEMP_DIR. kSBXProfilePureComputation All operating system services are prohibited. SEE ALSO
sandbox-exec(1), sandbox(7), sandboxd(8) Mac OS X November 15, 2011 Mac OS X