Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unexpected Results
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unexpected Results Post 302152360 by SSims on Wednesday 19th of December 2007 04:55:41 PM
Old 12-19-2007
Please disregard, the double quotes around the awk command cause the issue. Thank you.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Iterating a hash through a foreach loop - unexpected results

i've reworked some code from an earlier post, and it isn't working as expected i've simplified it to try and find the problem. i spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong, eventually thinking there was a bug in perl or a problem with my computer. but, i've tried it on 3 machines with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quantumechanix
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected Results (at least I did not expect them)

I have two sripts running in bash. The first one uncompresses log files and moves them to a working directory using uncompress -c and > output to new directory. It then creates one control record to assure our search returns a record. It then calls or executes the second script, which is a grep for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: altamaha
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected results when triggered from cron

Following script gives different results when triggered from Cron compared to when triggered from command line. It is not able to assign values to some variables when triggered from cron. Can any one help? Its a very simple script Script - #! /bin/ksh sFile=$1 sEnv=$2 sWaitFile=$3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command gave unexpected results

Hi, I recently executed a find command that caused unexpected permission changes and we had to do a full system restore. Can someone please explain what this command would do? find /staging/admin/scr * -exec chmod 755 '{}' + It caused file permissions inside / to be modified strangely. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poornima
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected results with lists in GNU sed

I have been living with this problem with GNU sed v4.1.4 for a long time, but now I really need to figure it out. When using a list in either an address or a search, the expression is matching lower and upper-case letters. works as it should. For example, if I run sed -nr "// p"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nctrader
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Unexpected results, missing first search item

I created 3 files with the identical data as follows dial-peer voice 9999 pots trunkgroup CO list outgoing Local translation-profile outgoing LOCAL-7-DIGITS-NO-PREPEND-97 preference 2 shutdown destination-pattern 9......$ forward-digits 7 dial-peer voice 10000 pots ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comm giving unexpected results

Hi I am comparing two files with comm -13 < (sort acc11.txt) < (sort acc12.txt) > output.txt purpose: Get non matching records which are in acc12 but not in acc11... TI am getting WRONG output. Is there any constraints with record length with comm? The above files are the two consective ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeing unexpected results when i run through cronjob

Hi I'm having hard time here with below script. If i run script manually i see expected results but, if i keep this script in cron job i'm getting unexpected results. Unexpected results means even though condition is true,cronjob returning output of else condition. This script and cronjob... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
2 Replies
Test::Harness::Results(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Test::Harness::Results(3pm)

NAME
Test::Harness::Results - object for tracking results from a single test file SYNOPSIS
One Test::Harness::Results object represents the results from one test file getting analyzed. CONSTRUCTION
new() my $results = new Test::Harness::Results; Create a test point object. Typically, however, you'll not create one yourself, but access a Results object returned to you by Test::Harness::Results. ACCESSORS
The following data points are defined: passing true if the whole test is considered a pass (or skipped), false if its a failure exit the exit code of the test run, if from a file wait the wait code of the test run, if from a file max total tests which should have been run seen total tests actually seen skip_all if the whole test was skipped, this will contain the reason. ok number of tests which passed (including todo and skips) todo number of todo tests seen bonus number of todo tests which unexpectedly passed skip number of tests skipped So a successful test should have max == seen == ok. There is one final item, the details. details an array ref reporting the result of each test looks like this: $results{details}[$test_num - 1] = { ok => is the test considered ok? actual_ok => did it literally say 'ok'? name => name of the test (if any) diagnostics => test diagnostics (if any) type => 'skip' or 'todo' (if any) reason => reason for the above (if any) }; Element 0 of the details is test #1. I tried it with element 1 being #1 and 0 being empty, this is less awkward. Each of the following fields has a getter and setter method. o wait o exit perl v5.10.0 2007-12-18 Test::Harness::Results(3pm)