Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Having a problem with a FTP Script using perl Post 302152315 by scottzx7rr on Wednesday 19th of December 2007 02:26:38 PM
Old 12-19-2007
Having a problem with a FTP Script using perl

Hello All,

I have a problem that has me stumped. I am using perl to do some ftp'ing of files. I have the script in place on another environment that is functioning flawlessly. But after tweaking it to the new environment I can't get it to function. I have a search string that searches for the file name and then executes the file and deletion of that file after the ftp. The only difference between the two environments is the file name is slightly different. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use a XML file that contains the host information. I have included the following information:

Functioning Environment:
File Defination:file.serv1.YYYYMMDDhhmm-[0-9]{4}.log
File name: file.serv1.200712192300-0500.log

XML File Info:
<host_list hostname="serv1" althostname="" username="ftpuser" password="passwd">
<file_list>
<remote_dir>/app/logs</remote_dir>
<local_dir>targetlocation/targetdirectory</local_dir>
<remote_name>file.serv1.YYYYMMDDhhmm-[0-9]{4}.log</remote_name>
</file_list>

FTP PERL File:

$searchFilter = $remoteName."\$";
$searchFilter =~ s/YYYYMMDDhhmm/[0-9]{12}/;

@files = sort grep (/$searchFilter/, @files);

Non-Functioning Environment:
File Defination: fileYYYYMMDD.log
File name: file20071219.log

XML File Info:
<host_list hostname="serv1" althostname="" username="ftpuser" password="passwd">
<file_list>
<remote_dir>/app/logs</remote_dir>
<local_dir>targetlocation/targetdirectory</local_dir>
<remote_name>fileYYYYMMDD.log</remote_name>
</file_list>

FTP PERL File:

$searchFilter = $remoteName."\$";
$searchFilter =~ s/YYYYMMDD/[0-9]{8}/;

@files = sort grep (/$searchFilter/, @files);

Any Ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by scottzx7rr; 12-19-2007 at 05:43 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with ftp script...please help

Hi, I'm writing an ftp script that is trying to connect to a remote NT box. Here is my script: ftp -i ipaddress user username password ascii cd db_Backup lcd /home/dB_backups put *.sql bye When I run this script I get the following error: 500 'AUTH GSSAPI': command not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Script Problem

Hi, Firstly, I would like to admit that I am a scripting newb. :) Now, to my question: I am writing a script that FTPs a bunch of logs from one server to another, it will be scheduled in Cron to run every 20 minutes. Currently, the file transfer part of the script is fine. However,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reebz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script and problem

We have a script where we're trying to ftp to an outside ftp server, but it keeps failing with the error: 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection if we ftp <server> and manually enter the username and password from the Unix box it's just fine. But when we try to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help deciphering FTP get perl script

I found this very useful perl script that will check a remote ftp server, search for files of a specific time and get them. When I run the script it works, but it gave me the following error: Couldn't get filename_12-13-07.txt Bad file number What in this script would cause this? I know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

5. Solaris

FTP Script Problem

Hi Everybody, I am working on FTP Script (i,e Parser.sh,Upload.sh) and the contents of the same are mentioned below .., #!/bin/bash if ; then echo "Usage ./Parser.sh IP USERNAME PASSWORD SOURCE FILENAME DESTINATION where IP ------------- IP address of remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanth_babu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Perl Script File Size Mismatch.

Hello, I've written a Perl script that copies a set of files from one server to another. Prior to transferring a file the script gets the file size from the source system and compares this to the file size received in the target system. Except that the file sizes are slightly different. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mbb
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem while using FTP in shell script

Hi all, I am having problem while using FTP in shell script.I am downloading a file from other machine.Part of file name is known to me(in red) 20100114123814.portin.virginsubs.extract What i am doing is trying to get the file using get command with wild card "*" (see below) but it fails... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinoo128
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script FTP in perl

this script should search directories read,,search for file for daily reports. you must provide the beginning day, ending day and month. this script will pull files for days and month specified and Ftp them to another server. Thanks for any help you provide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemseffert
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to get the size of remote file using Net::FTP Perl Script

Hi, I am using below piece of code to get the size of the remote file. $ftp->cwd($destination) or $error=$ftp->message; if(!$error) { $ftp->put($file) or $error=$ftp->message; print "FTP size = \n"; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FarooqOnline
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP download using perl script

Need assistance I have a script which i can download the files from ftp server using perl . But i want to download multiple files at a time #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::FTP; $ftp = Net::FTP->new("ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov"); $ftp->login('username', 'password'); $ftp->cwd("<dir>");... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
9 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)