Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sqlplus and dbms_output.put_line in shell script Post 302152309 by qaid786 on Wednesday 19th of December 2007 12:19:47 PM
Old 12-19-2007
Please post your script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script And SQLPLUS

i'm having real problems retrieving the returncode of my sqlplus-call. I found a lot of informations on the net, but havn't been able to get it running so far, so now i ask for some help ;) I do start the sqlplus out of my shell script with the parameters stored in the proc_clips.sql, which is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maco_home
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS within shell script

Hi I want to connect to the Oracle database using a username/password and get back the query result(a numeric value) in a variable, which I can then compare using a conditional. Can anybody help me with this. Thanks Gaurav (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav_1711
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to learn/use SQLPLUS in shell script

Hi All, How i will use sqlplus in shell script? Can any one provide sample code which explain following: 1. Connect to oracle DB 2. Exceute select * from tablename 3. Release connection to the DB 4. Append output in file everytime when query executes. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
1 Replies

6. Programming

How to Format database output (DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE) in unix?

Dear All, As I'm new here, please forgive me if any rule violation occurred. I have a script like this: #! /bin/ksh # Author : Saptarshi # Date : 18-Mar-2011 # Version : 1.0 Return_op=`sqlplus -s <<ENDOFSQL db_user/db_pass@db_nm WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT 1 set ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saps19
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus in shell script

Hi When I use sqlplus in shell script, I get sqlplus: command not found. ORACLE_HOME is not set. How to set ORACLE_HOME in unix? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth_kumar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to display only output of DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE , rest should be neglected

Hi All, I Have written a script through that i am calling sql file Sqlfile.sql set time on set timing on set echo on set head off set scan on set feedback on set serveroutput on set linesize 1000 DECLARE v_acc_no NUMBER(10); v_product_no NUMBER(10); BEGIN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujit_kashyap
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus in shell script

Hi All, Please let me know what i am missing in the following code (part of my script) Schemas=(AWQM WFCONTROLLER PROVCO PRISM) for s in "${Schemas}" do sch="${s}_$tol" if || ;then echo "This is AD or TD region" sqlplus -s $sch/$tpwd@$ttns <<EOF... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE doesn't print values in shell script

Hello, I'm trying to print the value of my cursor in the dbms_output.put_line in shell script, but it only shows "PL/SQL procedure successfully completed." nothing else. I have set serveroutput on, Below is my script : Any advise would be really helpful. sqlplus -s $ORACLE_LOGON <<EOF >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail.chiranjit
2 Replies
OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)													    OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)

oci_set_client_info - Sets the client information

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_client_info (resource $connection, string $client_info) DESCRIPTION
Sets the client information for Oracle tracing. The client information is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The client information can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $client_info - User chosen string up to 64 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the client information <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the client information oci_set_client_info($c, 'My Application Version 2'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the client // information: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select client_info from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_action(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)