Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to periodically execute a function in C ?? Post 302152275 by porter on Wednesday 19th of December 2007 10:33:29 AM
Old 12-19-2007
Also it's bad practice on a battery powered device as the goal is to do nothing as efficiently as possible, ie let the device go to sleep for the longest period.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute own ksh function in find -exec

Hi, I wrote a smiple ksh function send_notification() { ... } and want to execute it on each file, matched by the find command. I tried: find / -name "*.err" -mtime -8 -exec send_notification {} \; but it doesn't work. What should I do? I work in ksh on Hp-Ux. Regards, Pit (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute local function in awk

Hi All, Can you please tell me how to execute local function written in a shell script with awk. i tried with system command but its giving an error. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to execute a function using trap

I have a script A which calls script B. I wrote a function in script A to be executed when Kill command is issued for script A and I invoke that function using the trap command.The function identifies all child process running under script A (in this case script B) and kills the child process and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smohandass
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

understand the function to execute

Gurus, Can you please tell me why this script is executing but i am getting no result...also can you tell me what is this gettime() doing? in a script i wrote this hour.SH -------------------------- gettime() { date '+%H' | { read hour TIME=${hour} } } : ----------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[ASK]execute shell with function in solaris

dear all i need your advice in shell with solaris i have testing script like this #!/usr/bin/bash function test(){ echo "testing only" } ## execute function ## test but if i running always got error like this test.sh: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected who can i running this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a function in background and then suspend it

Here is some back ground on the script. The script is to poll an arbitrary number of DB's. To do this I am creating a function that takes the file_path to the DB and the min poll interval as arguments. The function will be called for each DB and then ran in the background. The function I was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandavison
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MQ depth Periodically

Hi I am trying to a write a script which gives message queue depth for every 5 mins in a file. Commands that I use are runmqsc QM_Name display ql(*) curdepth Since I can use only MQSC commands I need help on how to fetch the output on to a file after executing display command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to use function and execute the below query in script.

#!/bin/bash function getDeliveredDispatches(firstDateTime, lastDateTime, limit) { var cursor = db.dispatches.find( {$and: }} ]}, {"deliveryGroupId" : 1, "batchId": 1, "statusHistory.code" : 1} ); var wrongDispatchesIds = ; print("Number of dispatches selected based on filter = " +... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel2462
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a function in shell scripting to execute sql files

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and i need to write a automation script to execute sql files. I need to check the table if it is there in system tables and need to write a function to call the .sql files. For ex. I have a.sql,b.sql,c.sql files, where the sql file contains DELETE and INSERT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samah
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute function as soon as input is provided in menu drive shell script

Hi All, I have a menu driven scripts. As you know while running the script we have to input the option such as 1,2, and 3 to execute function accordingly. but after selecting the input we have to press Enter. My requirement is to execute function as soon as we press the option. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)