Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: moving apache part 2
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers moving apache part 2 Post 302152102 by porter on Tuesday 18th of December 2007 03:26:53 PM
Old 12-18-2007
So you want to physically move the machine or logically move the server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving part of Text in a file

Hi, I have this text in a file where I need to move part of the text.... <Relation1 OriginatingObjectID="Holding_1" RelatedObjectID="Party_1" id="Relation_1"> <OriginatingObjectType tc="4">Holding</OriginatingObjectType> <RelatedObjectType tc="6">Party</RelatedObjectType>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Part of a field to another field using AWK

Hi there, I have a comma seperated file with nine fields the fields are rerate: "numberTX",field2,field3,field4,field5..... I want to do this to the file reate: "field5TX",field2,field3,field4,field5 I know I can do this using AWK, but the thing giving me fits is that I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjsha1
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving apache from 1 server to another

i need to move apache 2.2 from one server over to another server..... my servers are in atlanta and i'm logged in here in florida... what commands do i use ???? somebody mentioned the fetch command... please help.... i'm an idiot when it comes to unix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marinob007
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing part of header with part of detailed records.

Hi there, I am lil confused with the following issue. I have a File, which has the following header: IMSHRATE_043008_101016 a sample detailed record is :9820101 A982005000CAVG030108000000000000010169000MAR 2008 9820102 MAR 2008 D030108 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a part of the text in a file

*************** #some other text ***************** *************** #some other text ***************** address1=1.1.1.1 address2=2.2.2.2 address3=3.3.3.3 I have a file where i need to push all the text starting from address1 till end of file to, below . Can anyone of you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthgoodboy
6 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

8. Web Development

Apache vhosts config RewriteCond to ignore part of URL

I am attempting to control redirections on my site using the Apache vhosts config. I have two-letter regions setup, such as /fr, /de, /es, which I am currently ignoring as you will see from my vhosts file below. However I also have a 301 permanent redirect setup to redirect /cm (and /fr/cm,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
3 Replies

9. Web Development

Apache module development on apache 2.2

Hi, I'm new to developing modules for Apache. I understand the basics now and can develop something simple which allows a 'GET' request to happen, but what I want to do is actually 'POST' information to my site. I know the basic POST Request works and I can see that it is post by looking at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a loop to read the input from a file part by part?

Hi All, We've a VDI infrastructure in AWS (AWS workspaces) and we're planning to automate the process of provisioning workspaces. Instead of going to GUI console, and launching workspaces by selecting individual users is little time consuming. Thus, I want to create them in bunches from AWS CLI... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_adm
6 Replies
PMDAAPACHE(1)						      General Commands Manual						     PMDAAPACHE(1)

NAME
pmdaapache - Apache2 web server performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/pmdaapache [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] [-S server] [-P port] [-L location] DESCRIPTION
pmdaapache is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts performance metrics describing the state of an Apache web server. The apache PMDA exports metrics that measure the request rate, cumulative request sizes, uptime and various connection states for active clients. This information is obtained by performing a HTTP request to the server status URL, which must be enabled in the httpd.conf configuration file. ExtendedStatus on <Location /server-status> SetHandler server-status Order deny,allow Deny from all Allow from localhost </Location> A brief description of the pmdaapache command line options follows: -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named apache.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdaapache is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd . If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -S Query the Apache status information from the named server rather than the local host. -P Query the Apache status information from the given port rather than the default (80). -L Specify an alternative location for finding the server-status page. -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account in current versions of PCP, but in older versions the superuser account ("root") was used by default. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the apache performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache # ./Remove pmdaapache is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdaapache $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/help default help text file for the apache metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/Install installation script for the pmdaapache agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/Remove undo installation script for the pmdaapache agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/apache.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdaapache PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
PCPIntro(1), httpd(8), pmcd(1), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDAAPACHE(1)