Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Number count per number ranges Post 302151993 by ranjithpr on Tuesday 18th of December 2007 06:45:59 AM
Old 12-18-2007
Try this one

cut -c1-4 filename|sort|uniq -c

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding number ranges using grep

Is it possible for me to find numbers in a file by a range using grep? like cat data | cut -f1 | grep <info> Im trying to find information and extract every amount that is less than a number (ie less than 75 or whatever) Is this possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DKNUCKLES
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File number count

hi all i want to count the number of files in a particlar dir i have wrote the codes as below fileCount= ls | wc -l if then echo " " elif then echo " " fi however when i excute the program there are error happens " unary operator expected" i just woundering fileCount=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cryogen
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

count the number of lines that start with the number

I have a file with contents similar to this. abcd 1234 4567 7666 jdjdjd 89289 9382 92 jksdj 9823 298 I want to write a shell script which count the number of lines that start with the number (disregard the lines starting with alphabets) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add the number of row and count number of rows

Hi experts a have a very large file and I need to add two columns: the first one numbering the incidence of records and the another with the total count The input file: 21 2341 A 21 2341 A 21 2341 A 21 2341 C 21 2341 C 21 2341 C 21 2341 C 21 4567 A 21 4567 A 21 4567 C ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: juelillo
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print numbers between two number ranges

Hi, I have a list.txt file with number ranges and want to print/save new all.txt file with all the numbers and between the numbers. == list.txt == 65936 65938 65942 && 65943 65945 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert multiple number ranges into sequence?

Looking for a simple way to convert ranges to a numerical sequence that would assign the original value of the range to the individual numbers that are on the range. Thank you given data 13196-13199 0 13200 4 13201 10 13202-13207 3 13208-13210 7 desired... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcue25
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count number of files in directory and write to new file with number of files and their name?

Hi! I just want to count number of files in a directory, and write to new text file, with number of files and their name output should look like this,, assume that below one is a new file created by script Number of files in directory = 25 1. a.txt 2. abc.txt 3. asd.dat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count the number of strings?

Hi, I have a text file as shown below. I would like to count the unique number of connections of each person in the first and second column. Third column is the ID numbers of first column persons and fourth column is the ID numbers of second column persons. susan ali 156 294... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohamad
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How count number of char?

hello how can i cont number of char with loop coomand? i dont want to use wc or other special command the script should check all word's char. one by one also a counter can handle the number As noted in other threads started today. This is not the correct forum for homework assignments. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print root number between min and max ranges

Hi to all, Please help on the following problem, I'm not where to begin, if awk or shell script. I have pairs of ranges of numbers and I need to find the root or roots of ranges based on min Range and Max ranges Example #1: If min range is 120000 and max ranges 124999, it means that are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
5 Replies
AMDD(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   AMDD(8)

NAME
amdd - Amanda version of dd SYNOPSIS
amdd [ -d ] [ if=input ] [ of=output ] [ bs=blocksize ] [ skip=count ] [ count=count ] DESCRIPTION
Amdd provides just enough of the standard dd command for the needs of Amanda. This is handy when doing a full restore and the standard dd program has not yet been found. Amdd also provides access to the Amanda output drivers that support various tape simulations. This may be used for debugging or to convert from one format to another. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. See the OUTPUT DRIVERS section of amanda(8) for more information on the Amanda output drivers. OPTIONS
-d Turn on debugging output. -llength Set the output length. If the output driver limits the output size, this controls when end of tape will be simulated. Length may have a multiplier suffix: k 1024 (Kilobytes) b 512 (Blocks) M 1024*1024 (Megabytes) The default is no multipler (bytes). if=input Input to dd. Default is stdin. of=output Where to send the output of dd. Default is stdout. bs=blocksize Size of each record. Input records smaller than this will not be padded. Output records will be the same size as the corresponding input record. Default is 512 bytes. Blocksize may have a multiplier suffix: k 1024 (Kilobytes) b 512 (Blocks) M 1024*1024 (Megabytes) The default is no multipler (bytes). count=count Number of records to copy. Default is all records until end of file. skip=count Number of records to skip before copying input to output. Default is zero. AUTHOR
Marc Mengel <mengel@fnal.gov> John R. Jackson <jrj@purdue.edu> SEE ALSO
amanda(8) AMDD(8)