Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`" Post 302151915 by Lokesha on Monday 17th of December 2007 11:52:24 PM
Old 12-18-2007
Question

Thanks Karnan,

I've some more questions. Reqst you to answer these.
1) Why 'env' is used there?
2) This line of code is used in all the Control-M script, why they are searching for '..mn' (tow dot's).

Thanks in advance,
Lokesha

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -laR | grep "^-" | awk '{print $9}'| grep "$.txt"

Hi, I don't know hot to make this command work: ls -laR | grep "^-" | awk '{print $9}'| grep "$.txt" It should return the list of file .txt It's important to search .txt at the end of the line, becouse some file name have "txt" in their name but have other extensions (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -ef | grep "string1" "string2" " "string3"

Hi all, can any one suggest me the script to grep multiple strings from ps -ef pls correct the below script . its not working/ i want to print OK if all the below process are running in my solaris system. else i want to print NOT OK. bash-3.00$ ps -ef | grep blu lscpusr 48 42 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with "[" and "]" and "dot" within the search string

Hello. Following recommendations for one of my threads, this is working perfectly : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text 1" -e "some text 2" -e "some text 3" "/tmp/log_file.txt" ) Now I need a grep success for some thing like : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
PRINTENV(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       PRINTENV(1)

NAME
printenv, env -- print out the environment, set and print environment SYNOPSIS
printenv [name] env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
The printenv utility prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name/value pair per line. If name is specified, only its value is printed. Some shells may provide a builtin printenv command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The env utility executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an envi- ronment variable, name, with a value of value. The options are as follows: -i Execute the utility with only those environment values specified. The environment inherited by env is ignored completely. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name/value pair per line. The env utility is sometimes useful with the ``#!'' construct (see execve(2)). The only difference between ``#!/usr/local/bin/foo'' and ``#!/usr/bin/env /usr/local/bin/foo'' is that the latter works even if /usr/local/bin/foo is itself interpreted. Using env this way also allows one to reference foo without the path, as well as set up the environment as desired. ENVIRONMENT
The env utility uses the PATH environment variable is used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. DIAGNOSTICS
The printenv utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. The env utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. An exit status of 126 indicates utility was found, but could not be executed. An exit status of 127 indicates utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The env utility accepts the - option as a synonym for -i. SEE ALSO
csh(1), sh(1), execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The printenv command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The env utility doesn't handle utility arguments with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD