Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cron job from specific folder Post 302151863 by sanchoquixote on Monday 17th of December 2007 08:28:44 PM
Old 12-17-2007
cron job from specific folder

i'd like to be able to run a cron job from a specific folder

/var/www/html

a php script which imports rss feeds

i created a simple shell script

cd /var/www/html
php -q import.php

webmin says it executed correctly, but when i check the site, nothing has happened

what am i doing wrong?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON usage for CRON job

can anybody explain the usage of CRON for adding a cron job. please provide an example also for better understanding !!! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

2. Solaris

cron job starts new cron proccess

I run cron in solaris 10 zone. One cron job which syncing files to nfs mounted on container, creates after finishing another cron proccess(/usr/sbin/cron), and after 100 existing cron proccesses next cron job will not start. It's too weird for me, I'm not able to solve this problem. Theoretically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron76
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Who can help me with a specific chmod cron job?

Hi, I put a blog on the web for a school project where pupils can post but one thing is not working properly: Photos are not being displayed because the rights of newly uploaded files are always automatically set to 600 by the server (the folder rights are set to 775). So I wrote the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peter264
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy specific file.txt in specific folder?

hye there... i have a problem to copy file in specific folder that will change the name according to host,time(%m%s) and date(%Y%M%D) example folder name: host_20100531.154101801 this folder name will always change... but i just want to copy the AAA.txt and BBB.txt file.. really need... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: annetote
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to avoid cron job output to send to the junk email folder?

Hi i created a cron job which invoke a shell script and output some content via email. Some times these output are sent to the junk email folder. i want these mails to be sent to inbox with some specific font. what i have to do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run A Job in Cron On A Specific Day Excluding Holidays

Hi, I want to run a job in cron on a specific date(say 25th of every month) excluding holidays. Can anyone provide some hints to do this? Thanks for any inputs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sktkpl
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commented cron job -- cron monitoring

Hi I have a requirement to write a shell script,that will check the all commented job in cron job.Please help !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for moving folder specific files into target directory of that country folder.

I need help to write shell script to copy files from one server to another server. Source Directory UAE(inside i have another folder Misc with files inside UAE folder).I have to copy this to another server UAE folder( Files should be copied to UAE folder and Misc files should be copied in target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh2389
3 Replies
php-config(1)							Scripting Language						     php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules available --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 5.3.2. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2006 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2006 php-config(1)