Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script information needed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script information needed Post 302151848 by chris1234 on Monday 17th of December 2007 06:35:25 PM
Old 12-17-2007
thanks rakesh. well the script is not different from the secure directory copy command. anyways thanks for your effor and i will try to do more research on it to see if i can accomplish that goal.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris information needed

Hello everyone. I wont waste anytime and I will get right to the point. I've been working with Linux for about 7 months and started using OpenBSD and FreeBSD for about 2 months. I have a very strong background in Microsoft (MCSE). I plan to continue working with Microsoft as it's one entity... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarballed
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script execution information

I want to catch the execution information of a script by calling it from another script.... script_main: #! /bin/ksh ksh -x script2.ksh >> tmplog .... but this doesn't give me anything but the error msgs of script in tmplog. can anyone pls suggest which is the right method? The... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information needed

As part of a school project I'm supposed to make a webpage on operating systems (Other than windows) and the three I was told to do were Linux, Unix, and Mac. I got Linux and Mac done pretty easily because I use them a lot but Unix is showing some problems. Could anyone give me some information on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shinjin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help regarding saving information within a script!

I have 2 files. File 1 exports variables globally, File 2 pulls in the information into itself and displays it. I need to know how to then save the information into the bottom of File 2, allowing for more information to be added at a later date. The scripts i've written are below. File 1:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phproxy
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User information script

Hi Guys, I just started learning unix and was wondering if anyone can assist me with my User info script.The script file lets the user input their personal information (Their name, address, phone number etc...). The script will then ask the user to input the info again if the input is incorrect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rc1138
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to collect all db information

hi all I am looking for shell script ,by which i need to gather all the DB information in Sybase server . Thanks in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvsramarao
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compact information !

Hello Group, Could you please help me with a shell script that condense in this case each 12 rows of hour information in only one row per day as following: Final Fields in each row 1.Ticker Name 2. D (Daily) 3. Date 4. Open Price (The open price of the first record of the day) 5. High... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write a script to extract information from a db

Hi I need to put together a script that will search certain tables in a db and send that data to a csv file. Basically I am importing data to a db and I want to write a script to check that all information was imported correctly. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for RAC information required

Hello, is it possible for someone to generate a shell script that will do the following, please. UNIX Shell script novice who is after a script to look at a few things within an Oracle RAC environment Hopefully if this works, I can schedule this via cron Many thanks I can execute these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
3 Replies
MBK_WORK_LIB(1) 					     MBK ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES						   MBK_WORK_LIB(1)

NAME
MBK_WORK_LIB - define the mbk working directory SYNOPSYS
c-shell running setenv MBK_WORK_LIB unix path ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
MBK_WORK_LIB sets the directory where are saved the results of an invocation of mbk or genlib. This directory is considered to be, from an mbk point of view, read and write. Also, when a file is searched for reading, the first directory to be looked at is the MBK_WORK_LIB, and then the one defined in MBK_CATA_LIB(1). The unix path argument must be a actually accessible path on your host machine. ERRORS
"mbk_fopen : can't open file 'unix_path/file.xx'" This occurs when either the unix path is irrelevent, or when the file doesn't exist if it is open for reading, or when you don't have the right on the file or directory while trying to write it. EXAMPLE
setenv MBK_WORK_LIB ~fred/crechan/uom SEE ALSO
mbk(3), genlib(1), MBK_CATA_LIB(1). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 MBK_WORK_LIB(1)