Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add line command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Add line command Post 302151664 by saranyu on Sunday 16th of December 2007 10:57:18 PM
Old 12-16-2007
Try this

$ print "ra\n" > na
$ print "ras" >> na

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add data from command line to end of file

how can I add data from command line to end of file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to add 1000 spaces to end of line

hi, could anyone tell me the command to append spaces at the end of the line. for example, i need 1000 spaces after the word "helloworld" echo "helloworld " i need to achieve this in someother way hardcoding 1000 spaces is not practical. as i am totally new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithacs
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add message in a command line processing

I am trying to add a message while archive some files. For example I am using the below command to archive some files tar -cvf inst.tar Linux The command gives the terminal display like as below I want to add a message beginning of each line followed by orginal message and end... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_manimuthu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line: add text wrapper around words

I am trying to build a sinkhole for BIND. I created a master zone file for malicious domains and created a separate conf file, but I am stuck. I have a list of known bd domains that is updated nightly. The file simply contains the list of domains, one on each line: Bad.com Bad2.com... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuallan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add line number using UNIX command?

Hi, I am working on Shell script and I have a .dat file in which I want to add line numbers. Please see below example file Input File: 19523479811841494432C2013052700000000 19523479811730333980A2013052700000000 19523479811417044397I2013052700000000 19523479811205895810A2013052700000000... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a line to the end of a set of files without using sed command?

I understand that the SED command reads all the lines in the file before adding a required line to the end of the file. Is there another command that adds a line to the end of files without reading the entire file.... SED is increasing the processing time as the number of lines in each of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanch
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add line breaks to perl command with large text in single quotes?

Below code extracts multiple field values from XML into array and prints all in one line. perl -nle '@r=/(?: jndiName| authDataAlias| value| minConnections| maxConnections| connectionTimeout| name)="(+)/g and print join ",",$ENV{tIPnSCOPE},$ENV{pr ovider},$ENV{impClassName},@r' server.xml ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add command line argument

I would like to add the ability to change the message that is displayed when timer is finished. At present it just asks for the time I want for the alarm. I think what I need is another command line argument. soundfile="/usr/share/sounds/My_Sounds/Alarm-sound-buzzer.mp3"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Command to add Carriage Return and Line Feed

Hello, Can someone please share a Simple AWK command to append Carriage Return & Line Feed to the end of the file, If the Carriage Return & Line Feed does not exist ! Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
16 Replies
print(9E)							Driver Entry Points							 print(9E)

NAME
print - display a driver message on system console SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/errno.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixprint(dev_t dev, char *str); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). This entry point is required for block devices. PARAMETERS
dev Device number. str Pointer to a character string describing the problem. DESCRIPTION
The print() routine is called by the kernel when it has detected an exceptional condition (such as out of space) in the device. To display the message on the console, the driver should use the cmn_err(9F) kernel function. The driver should print the message along with any driver specific information. RETURN VALUES
The print() routine should return 0 for success, or the appropriate error number. The print routine can fail if the driver implemented a non-standard print() routine that attempted to perform error logging, but was unable to complete the logging for whatever reason. SEE ALSO
cmn_err(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 15 Sep 1992 print(9E)